Totally Exotic Corals

Just placed an order with Totally Exotic Corals because of their sale they are running.

If anyone hasn't heard of this site check it out.

One of my favorite places to order livestock because:

WYSIWYG
They aquaculture a lot of corals
ORA fish and corals
Their "frags" are mini colonies
3 past orders and have been more than pleased each time.

Totally Exotic Corals!, Your Extreme Coral Source

ReefLady

Staff member
There's no violation here... back in public view. Illuminati, sorry for any inconvenience. :)

T

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks for the positive feedback. We like to hear GOOD things about our industry. :)

BarbMazz

I just looked at Totally Exotic Corals, and of course I placed an order. Very nice selection!

I thought shipping was a bit high, but I know the shipping industry in general is totally ridiculous cost-wise now.

I ordered:
1 - Duncan frag
1 - blue Acan Lord frag
1 - small Toadstool Mushroom leather
1 - small frogspawn frag
1 - Whammin' Watermelon zoa frag

It would be great if TEC would become a sponsor!

Here is what I ordered, will be delivered Wednesday

TECBirdsnest.jpg

WidowMakers.jpg

LavenderEyes.jpg

KosNightmare.jpg

DesertFox1.jpg

CandyApplePinks.jpg

Barb, that sounds like a great order, you'll have to upload pics when you get them.

I first heard about these guys on the old club-zoa.com board (now reeftoreef.com) where they are sponsors.

I have placed 3 past orders with them and have always been pleased. I feel that they are my little hidden gem when it comes to corals but I do spread the word as much as possible as these guys deserve all the praise they can get.

BarbMazz

Illluminati, I wanted one of those bird's nest and they were sold out! You beat me to it! lol

I like the zoa color combos you have there!

I'll be sure to post pics after I get them... if I have the time today I'll post the pictures from website here.

Sorry for grabbing your birdsnest :)

The great thing about these guys is they aquaculture their stuff. I would shoot them an e-mail if you want a frag of that and see if they have another one laying around. Has worked for me in the past.

sambrinar

Ok Question, the pictures all but the 1st, are those zoa's? I got some from liveaquaria and they sold them as button polyps. I just want the correct name. mine are dark green with like a fluorecent green center.

Thanks

Button Polyps is a generic name.

You have Palythoa's (Which is what I would consider the one's pictured).
Then you have zoanthids (same shape but they are "smaller" than Paly's).
Then you have Proto Palythoa's (Larger than Palythoa's and have longer "lashes" on the outside, usually not as colorful).
There are other classifications besides these 3 but these are the most popular and common.

If you can get a picture please post it.

Actually looking again I would classify the purple polyps above as zoa's and the others as Paly's.

Paly's can be around the size of a nickel
Protopaly's can be close to a Quarter
and Zoa's are never larger than a dime

tidalzone

RS Sponsor
Illluminati, I wanted one of those bird's nest and they were sold out! You beat me to it! lol

I like the zoa color combos you have there!

I'll be sure to post pics after I get them... if I have the time today I'll post the pictures from website here.

I'll include one as a bonus I'm making a note of it now.

Jody

sambrinar

Actually looking again I would classify the purple polyps above as zoa's and the others as Paly's.

Paly's can be around the size of a nickel
Protopaly's can be close to a Quarter
and Zoa's are never larger than a dime

must be zoa's then, mine are tiny, not real colorful though, if they ever open up again. been closed for some reason for over a week. can't figure it out. but finally starting to reopen.

thanks so much for the info!!! (sorry didn't mean to thread jack, just a perfect time to ask)

BarbMazz

I'll include one as a bonus I'm making a note of it now.

Jody

WOW! Thanks so much, Jody.. that is AWESOME... I'm very excited to receive this order. I've been looking at Duncan's at various places, but the colors of yours is by far the best.

Can't wait!! :yehoo:

BarbMazz

Here are pictures of the nice things I ordered from TEC

Acan Lord frag

Whammin' Watermelon zoa's

Branching Frogspawn; single head

Duncan. one large polyp w/4 babies

and a Leather/Toadstool; medium

sambrinar

That duncan is really neat, so amazing to see these things are really alive, mouth and all, what does it eat??