Total overrun pest infestation, advice?

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
remember the Hydra from Greek Mythology? Aiptasia chop it up and you get many, scrub it and you get many, its the gift that keeps on giving, they dont last long without light, if you can make a black out area in your sump??

Lee

remember the Hydra from Greek Mythology? Aiptasia chop it up and you get many, scrub it and you get many, its the gift that keeps on giving, they dont last long without light, if you can make a black out area in your sump??

Damnit...

They're in a quarantine tub in my basement with no light and currently no circulation. I think I'll just leave them in there like that for a while, and keep checking on them to see if they pop up again. I need to get a circulation pump or powerhead in there though

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Damnit...

They're in a quarantine tub in my basement with no light and currently no circulation. I think I'll just leave them in there like that for a while, and keep checking on them to see if they pop up again. I need to get a circulation pump or powerhead in there though

in 24 hrs its gonna stink like the sewer pipe just broke, you might as well just boil or bleach them now, I "forgot" about 30 lbs of rock in a brute can, when I opened it no words can explain lol, even Im not that stinky at my best!

Lee

Happy to report that after scrubing and re-curing all the infected LR, and targeting the few remaining Apstasia with Joe's Juice, the problem is now completely under control. There are no more than 4-6 Apstasia present at any one time, and every couple weeks I will go through and target them

DesertOrchid

I've heard that berghia's do a good job of feeding on them and will reproduce according to the level of food/aptasias.