Tori's First Marine Expedition!! nano style!

leahski

thanks for the info.
so do you turn off all of your pumps and use like a dropper or something to squirt phyto directly at it? i think it's probably hard to get a filter feeder to have adequate nutrition in a tank where there's not a fish getting fed daily and spreading food particles around everywhere.

i'll get some pics up because then you'll see what i'm talking about more, but i'm not sure if i can frag it off. poor coral, i'd love to see it survive, even if not in my tank. i know i don't have the proper means to care for it. there may be one section that i can get off. the rest is small and in the middle of the rock will probably end up dying and getting overrun by zoas. which i guess is not really that bad of a worst case senario. unless of course...will the dying sps damage the zoas? oo. yes, that's the worst case senario. and with my luck? oh dear....
WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH A MONTIPORA DYING DIRECTLY NEXT TO A ZOA COLONY?!?!

when my lights turn on tomorrow and everyone gets happy i'll snap a couple of pictures.

leahski

hey! so, again i was delinquent with the pictures. but i have updates!

1) my feather duster is no more. i'm not sure what went wrong, it might have been several small things. i'd like to try again eventually, but i'll make sure to do heavy amounts of research first.

2) my mini carpet split! i now have two mini carpets. unfortunately they keep moving too really close to my yellow polyps which do not respond well...so i moved one anemone to another rock (that was an odd process) but the other seems to be rooted in a hole, so it just retracts itself and i haven't been able to move him yet...

3) i went to a frag trade!!! such a great experience. i definitely filled up my tank. recent purchases include:
- 5 $1 frags of small orange-centered zoas,
- 1 frag plug of bright green zoas
- 1 frag plug of blue zoas
- 1 single-polyped, 2-mouth blue ric
- 2 bright green mushrooms
- 1 bright orange/red mushroom
all in all i think i did quite well! i'd even venture to call my little tank a reef now!
i hesitate to promise anything, but i will try to get pics up soon so i can show off my new goods! :)

oh, and i'm getting handy with a scalpel! i did a little mushroom/zoa rearranging which i think turned out quite nicely!