Torch Coral Exploding/Disintegrating Help

Oakhouse

Hi all,

Had a torch in the tank for a number of months, came home tonight to find all the heads half out except for two, one exploded as I was watching and all I can see now of the head is the skeleton and a white (I think) inverted stomach! The closest head to it is in the process of disintegration...

Tank params are good.
NH3/NH4: 0
NO3: 0
NO2: 0
KH: 10.77
Ca: 450
PO4: 0
SG: 1.026 / 35

Tank has been fishless for about the last 4 weeks, they are all in a QT being medicated for Ich.

Anyone got any ideas what's happening??

1006170008.jpg

1006170003.jpg

Have recently added a RBTA and Monti, pic below is before these additions.
DSCF5612.jpg

DanSReef

I will be interested in what you find out. I have a multi head torche that a couple months ago three heads went to snot for no apparent reason. All water conditions were great...no changes in flow or critters. The only thing I could think that at some time those heads got overshadowed by new heads devleoping and did not get enough light as a result. I chaulked it up to natural evolution of the coral and the tank.

Now the total piece is much larger due to new heads having developed. Again, it will be interesting to see what others say here.

kyley

Hey Richard,
I hope it pulls through but it sounds like it's just one of those things you can't determine a cause for? What do you mean by "exploded" while you were watching it? Take care,
--Kyle