Tools for underwater/in tank fragging?

GlassMunky

So my Birdsnest colony and one of my stylos are growing ever closer to each other, and its now at the point where the stylo isnt extending its polyps all the way as to not touch the birsdnest. both the birdsnest and stylo colonys are very securely placed on the LR and encrused in places, making it unable for me to remove them to frag, and removing the 2 rocks is out of the question as well since the rock structure is glued together for stability. what would be the best tool to use to get in the tank and make the 2 cuts? the birdsnest branches are pretty thin, but the stylo branches are about 5-6mm thick. i have a pair of forcepts that have a scisor blade on them, that i use mainly for feeding, that would probably work for the Birdsnest but the stylo has me worried... These are 2 of my favorite corals in my tank (the birsdnest is my baby, i grew it from small 1/2 inch frag), i would be pretty upset if anything bad happened to them:cry1:......
Is it ok to just use a pair of wire cutters or something as long as i rinshe them off in RO before hand? Ive never intentionally fragged before.....

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
wirecutters.jpg

GlassMunky

JJ's pic was confirmation enough for me, lol. and I have to say, WOW, that was ALOT easier than i thought it would be. Snip, Snip, Glue, Glue, Done! 3 New Frags, and the polyps are already out again lol.