Tony's 150

TonyD

This tank popped up on a local forum as a smoking deal. It's an Oceanic 150 Tall. Measures 72"L x 18"W x 29"T and has dual over flows. It has an oceanic sump underneath. Lighting is provided by 4 160w vhos. The skimmer is an Aqua C ev400 ran by a mag 18. Returns are fed from a mag12. In tank water movement is handled by a seio 895 and a koralia 3.

When I brought it home it sat untouched for about 2 months as we were trying to buy a houase and didn't want to set it up just to break it down.

150tank.jpg

I got a lucky break when another local was breaking down a tank and I got 100lbs of LR for $100!
150g-9-13.jpg

150g-10-2.jpg

I can't seem to get an Aquascape I like in this tank.
150g-10-11.jpg

So for now Here's how it sits:
150g-10-12.jpg

I'm still undecided if this tank will be another reef of a fish only setup.

Heliux

Id say keep it reef, i mean i have so much trouble with finding a setup i like as well that it took me 4-5 tries to get it right. Just keep at it you will find what you like:)

Looks awesome tho, kudos to you

TonyD

Built a new stand and canopy to my own liking and sold the Oceanic set. Since I had to empty the tank to move it to the new stand it was time for a new scape:
150g-11-30.jpg

The only 2 fish currently:
150g-fish-11-30.jpg

Jeremy0322

Hey, whatever works. My stand still looks like crap but it gets the job done and the way I look at it if people are looking at the stand than the tank isnt where its supposed to be, so the money goes there haha

TonyD

LoL I used scrap wood to enclose it till I decided how I really want to finish it out.

I think I am going to go with Birch 1/2" plywood trimmed with a decrative3 tier molding. The front will be removable as a solid piece for complete access since the skin is only astetic.

Shermy

Kids love the sump part of the tank! I used to Nanny for a family with just a fish only saltwater tank. The kids didn't care about the fish....it was all about getting their paws into the sump!

Looking good, I love the tank!

TangMang232

i like the way the tank is coming. I still dont have what i like for scaping, and i have a ton of coral..... A bit of stress everytime it changes so i suggest figuring it out before a lot of coral come your way lol. Have fun though, and of course keep the pics coming.