Tony's 120 upgrade.

TonyD

This hobby is one that will quickly overtake you if you are not careful. I like so many others...was not careful. I started in this hobby a little over 2 years ago with a 30g setup I bought from a buddy. It was quickly upgraded to a 55g and I was content for about a year. Realizing i needed a larger tank to fulfill my wants I began the search for my next tank. In the process I found a 50 breeder with a stand and sump for a good price. It was supposed to be my propigation tank. It very soon was another reef, just in the bedroom.

55g_1.jpg

The tank it's self is center drilled and runs to a 20g sump. A remora skimmer handled the skimming duties while a mag 7 was used for the returns. Lighting was kept simple and VHO only. The tank measures 48"L x 18"W x 13"D. I had no trouble keeping anything under from zoas to sps and a maxima clam.

A deal came up on my local forums for a 120g DAS peninsula tank. $200 and 3 hours later I had my new tank.

50to120.jpg

This new tank is meant to be viewed from 3 sides but due to space restraints in the bedroom will only be viewable from the front and one side. It was picked up saturday and cleaned that same evening, sunday began the process of moving everthign from the 50 over to the 120.

DAS01.jpg

My rodi unit only puts out about 35g a day so I reluctantly bought an extra 25g from a LFS.

DAS03.jpg

DAS04.jpg

By monday morning it had mostly cleared up and I really wasn't happy with how things looked, so Monday night after work it was time to get busy.

das05.jpg

So i robbed a few pieces of LR from my 150 and got busy on my new aquascape.

das06.jpg

So far I am happy with the results

das07.jpg

Lighting is provided from 2 250W fixtures using 15K hqi with 2 65w pc actinics in each along with four moon lights. Flow is provided buy a seio 895 and a koralia 3 along with the mag7 from the DAS filtration setup. The 2 intank pumps are soon to be replaced by modded maxijet 1200s.

Now it's time to get back to the 150.:clink:

lcstorc

Very nice.
Love the scape.
I love my peinisula tank but then again I use it as a room divider so you can see all sides.
Be sure to keep all sides clean of corraline in case you ever have a chance to move it and take advantage of both sides.
The 150 looks sweet as well. Do you have a thread on that one or some closer pics?

Ducky

I also went for a few decades LOL of 20 to 30 to 50 gal tanks. I JUST set up a 120 just over a year ago.
I am anxious to see your growth and will follow the thread. Mine, even with live rock and sand from very established tanks is JUST starting to be fun.
I LOVE your BIG tunnel. I need to find a way to do that in my tank.
Thank you for sharing the pictures.
Ducky