Toan's Fish Cubes!

If your wondering what the heck is a Toan... its my name!
I saw that everyones making their own mush now-a-days. So i decided to give it a try. Im still in the process of soaking everything in water but i took some pictures and felt like sharing since everyone here loves pictures!

This is a test run and hopefully my fish like it because i spent a bit more than what i was expecting.

Ingredients:

Shrimps
DSCN0408.jpg

Scallops
DSCN0410.jpg

Halibut
DSCN0407.jpg

Salmon
DSCN0409.jpg

Nori
DSCN0406.jpg

Fish Flakes
DSCN0404.jpg

Cyclopeeze(flakes, not rinsed)
DSCN0411.jpg

Oysters
DSCN0405.jpg

Mysis shimp cubes
DSCN0403.jpg

Selcom(not pictured)

VitaChem(not pictured)

DSCN0402.jpg

Ill post more as i go along.

Time to go blend!

Last edited:

andrewsimon

This looks fun. I made something like this a while back for my freshwater fish...I combined mysis, brine, daphnia, bloodworms, and krill with some spirulina powder and romaine lettuce.

Well took some time to clean up the mess but im done. (finished awhile back but i filled my tank and started the salt mix and installed my MH to the hood)
This is the finished product.

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0417.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0420.jpg

Photos have a weird color to it... still figuring out the new camera.

andrewsimon

the wierd color would be from the overhead lighting in the room, espacially if you are using incandescant lights. I get it all the time in my dining room whenever I take pics in there...haha

To get rid if it, depending on what type of camera you have, you coukd aduust your white balance, or just use flash. The flash would probably work the best for you because it's not like your taking pictures of anything for sale or something.

But back to the food, that looks simply amazing. *gags* lol

Well its still in trial right now... i think the fish are still getting use to it. or at least thats what im hoping. They are picking at it but im finding myself removing a lot of what they dont eat.

The fish are coming around. They eat whatever i feed them now but they arent going CRAZY over the stuff. hopefully my next batch will be better.

BigJay

wow you made a ton! Those mini cube trays are awesome but for a tank with say 5 fish filling the cubes to half full is more then plenty. I made the mistake my first time around filling them all the way up and I end up throwing away a ton of food.
I also found chopping the the food with a cleaver and folding it into a mix superior to blending.

Yeah i over killed it on the quantity. I filled 4 trays and 2 sandwich bags. i target feed now so i end up throwing away about 3/4 of each cube.

Yeah i over killed it on the quantity. I filled 4 trays and 2 sandwich bags. i target feed now so i end up throwing away about 3/4 of each cube.

Try and put actual seaweed in the next batch. I'll try some. If you have some frozen, maybe we can meet up and i'll take a little. I would try seaweed though. My tang will love it. Plus romaine doesn't really provide nutritional value like seaweeds do.

Try and put actual seaweed in the next batch. I'll try some. If you have some frozen, maybe we can meet up and i'll take a little. I would try seaweed though. My tang will love it. Plus romaine doesn't really provide nutritional value like seaweeds do.

What do you mean actual seaweed? The Nori i put in is just roasted seaweed. I have a lot still so if you want some send me a PM and we can meet up or something.

What do you mean actual seaweed? The Nori i put in is just roasted seaweed. I have a lot still so if you want some send me a PM and we can meet up or something.

Ya i didn't see the nori, i thought you said romaine lettuce. I was like aww Geez! I am not sure if I can endure the smell. That stuff has got to smell ripe!