To keep or not to keep

So I have an original Max 250 tank that is not set up yet. I wanted to get my C130 established first.
I have a question for you all and hope its not a biased opinion since I am in the Max section of this site.

The more I do research and think about my next tank the more, Im thinking the Max 250 is not for me.

I've always wanted a larger tank, the 65 gallons is nice, but I was thinking 75 to 150. Not that I have to have it, but its just a want. I dont have any equipment for the 250 as its just a tank. So I have to buy everything to start it up. What I do like about the 250 is the built in Sump and cover. Im not a fan of the curved glass in the front of the tank, but it'll do.

So my questions to all of you that have them. How do you like them? Would you had been happier with a regular tank and sump? What are the downsides/upsides of them?

Pat24601

I love my C-250, which is close to the Max 250 I think you are talking about (just a newer version). I like the built in rear sump, the aesthetics of it, the hood, the all in one fact of it gives it a cleaner, tighter look in my opinion. Great tank and livestock really thrives in it.

That said, if you want and can afford bigger, to me that's the end of the conversation. Go bigger. I believe in going with the biggest tank you can afford, that fits in the space you have, and that the spouse approves. Bigger means more fish options and that's good.

Don't get me wrong. 250 is a great size. I love it. But, if you want to go bigger, why not?

SPR

I am new to the hobby and purchased the new Max E 260 in February. Then I got hooked and got the new Max S 650 LED by June as I didn't want to stock the smaller one and then start again with a bigger one.

My advice for what it's worth as a relative 'newbie' is go for the biggest and best you can afford and then you maybe won't have to worry about upgrading again. That's what I did anyway and the build quality of the new Red Sea Tanks are excellent and you get what you pay for.