To clean or not, that's my question

Basile

Hi guy here's my questions. I stopped my system of 2 tanks for the last 7 months, for reasons beyond my control. I cleaned up my reef tank 150G and the sand.

But in my second tank the refugium 75G which is higher i've got miracle mud in it for the bio-properties for the refugium and i'm not sure if i should disturb that sand by cleaning it.The system was only operational 2 1/2 years. (would their be that much to clean?)

The mud will come to the surface of the sand and i'm not sure what it will do.

Before you scream at me for having put mud in it remember it was for its mineral properties and nothing else. it did create a cool refugium

569-1.jpg

i had only two jars of mud and the rest with sand .

My other question, what do think about the seals of my tank would they dry up and cause problems. The tank seals and the pipe seal, which i'm worried most.

385-2.jpg

the two tanks are connected via a bulkhead from the fuge to the main reef.

959.jpg

Thanks for your help.

DaveK

I doubt that the seals on a dank or the plumbing would dry out. You should be good there.

I would not disturb the sandbed if I could help it. If it's really dirty, clean only the top 1/2 inch or so.

Last edited:

Basile

I doubt that the seals on a dank or the plumbing would dry out. You shoul dbe good there.

I would not disturb the sandbed if I could help it. If it's really dirty, clean only the top 1/2 inch or so.

Ok thanks for the input.