Tiny Snail…..I Think

FLReefers

Hey All,
I've noticed a few of these tiny guys in my tank yesterday….I'm fairly new to the hobby but they look like tiny snails with no shell and they have tiny neon green bristles on their bodies. Not sure what these are. Any help on identifying them would be much appreciated!! I hope they are not a bad resident!

c1d07d4a-aa9f-4255-a0ca-ec2f58d8728d_zpsf028f123.jpg

FLReefers

Hey Oxy,
I have a torch and a frogspawn recently added to my tank but I also added a small rock of zoa's, I believe they came in on that. I should have researched and dipped. I was able to remove the 2 that I have seen thus far as on the glass they are easy to spot. Do you think its too late to pull the rock and dip? I may go pick up some today and get it done before there is an outbreak if not already…..Thanks for the identification and links…very helpful!

FLReefers

Hey Mike,
You're spot on…….They have been munching on my zoa rock. I removed 2 that were visible and I am heading up to my LFS to grab a dip to treat the rock and try to rid of any larva and possibly remaining relatives. I had been having issues with the zoa's opening and I'm wondering if this is a contributing factor to that, I would imagine it is. Power went out due to a storm today to top it all off….2 hrs out and counting. I did hook my tank up to generator back up though so its not that bad. Do you all have any additional tips for riding of these zoa eating nudibranch?

Snid

I would guess dipping and then putting in a QT/Hospital tank. Remove the source of food for the predator and it should die off. I'm no expert though, so hopefully someone will chime in soon.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Definitely the reason the zoas were not opening. I would pull them out in a specimen container and look for eggs.....and try to remove them. An isolation tank is best as you'll need to dip a few times to get rid of the eggs/babies if they had a chance to lay them.