Tiny Black Bugs??

Today I noticed a bunch of tiny black bug-like creatures crawling on my LR and coral substrate. They are really, really small, much too small for a camera to catch. Think grain of sand. They're black and are moving. They seem to prefer the one rock that 3 of my snails hang out all the time and are on the substrate all around the base of the rock.

??

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Baby cerith snails??

Click on this link then scroll down to the Pyramidellid & Coral Eating Snails??? question... there is a photo of tiny black snails....
http://wetwebmedia.com/swsnailfaqs2.htm
per Anothony Calfo: <the tiny black "snails" in the first photo are Cerith and are HIGHLY desirable detritivores! They breed easily and scavenge well.'

I tried....and failed to come up with anything that might help i.d.

Maybe this will help...they are moving much faster than a snail would move.

CloseupBlack.jpg

I can't get the pic to be big enough for this to make a difference :grr:

I think I finally figured out the picture thing...phew!

Does anyone see the many tiny black buglike creatures? Anyone know what they are??

BlackBugs1.jpg

daveat

i think that as small as they are i wouldn't worry too much about it just now... but i don't think i see ANYTHING that is identifiable

I'll try not to worry...it just seems like whatever they are, they're taking over my tank...maybe it's time to get some fish to eat em up??!

Sorry about the picture quality. I hoped that a bad picture would be better than no picture. But yes, as Witful said, in the upper left curve of the rock you can KIND OF see teeny tiny black bug like creatures. They're just little dots...I'm just hoping they're not some kind of parasitic infestation.

Oh yeah, and I'm a true beginner, so I don't want to even deal with a mandarin to start...I think that will just frustrate me!