This is what it's all about

ReefLady

Staff member
This appeared in the Buy & Sell forum at Fredmiranda.com several days ago:

[font=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In the spirit of Charlesk generous donation of some premo glass I thought it was time for another freebee thead.

Only rule is that you have to post something to get something.....

I'll start it off:

Free to first post:

A mint condition hoya HMC Super MC UV(0) filter 72mm

Have fun...god I love this community!

Cory

------------------

Since then, there have been 25 pages of people giving away stuff they didn't need- and in the spirit of "paying it forward", anyone who got something (and many others) in turn offered something for free.

It's almost worth registering there just to see this phenomenon take place. If someone asked me what I wanted ReefSanctuary to be, I would point them to this thread.
[/font]

tx29fan

When I first got into saltwater tanks I bought a few frags from a guy online. When I went over to pick them up, he generously gave me xtra pieces which at the time I thought was just a *bonus*. What became of that transaction is not only did I get some xtras for my tank, I also gained a friend who has been invaluable in my learnings. Since that time I have givin away MANY more frags than I have sold and also made some new friends. Thanks Travis

Gina

RS STAFF
I love the idea of pay it forward! I've helped a couple of people here with getting them certain items that they needed and just told them, not to worry about paying me for it and to just pay it forward someday when they come across someone they could help out. There are alot of good people in this world.

I for one would be all for a thread here like that if you ever decide to start one.

corvettephreek

I agree, for some people that have little money, or a big heart, or both, that type of thread would help many others, and bring everyone closer as a community in the long run. good find!!! do we need permission to start a thread like that? :D

ReefLady

Staff member
Hey TX29, don't get all sentimental on me now. :)

Corvettephreek - No permission needed, we would just need it to work. ;)

Woodstock- I think we've got them here. No cloning necessary.

Sharkbait

Cloning good reefkeepers may have some positives though.I think this community is already a model to follow, the people are all friendly and helpful beyond belief.A freebie thread would be excellent considering the amount of junk- I mean equipment I have sitting around,lol.Karma to T for always reinventing the wheel.

forestal

considering the amount of junk- I mean equipment I have sitting around

Hey i resemble that remark :)

i like the idea of giving away frags, it feels good to help others for no reason...
i agree, the community here is very nice :)