Thinking of Blue Jaw Trigger

BLAKEJOHN

I am wanting to add a Trigger of some sort. I thought that a blue jaw would be best if any at all. Looking at my signature, what are your opinions to adding a trigger and which spiecies?

squiers007

Blue jaws are supposed to be more "reef safe" than other species of triggers. I know several people who have kept them with great success in reef tanks. The only thing I would be worried about them eating would be a shrimp and seeing as you dont have one I wouldnt be too worried so long as you feed it well.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Because of the shape of their mouths the Genus Xanthichthys are reefsafe although very small shrimp such as the Sexy Anemone Shrimp may be irresistable to them.

My experience is they make a great addition but make sure that they will be your last fish because once established they will not take well to new additions particularly if they're smaller/less aggressive fish. Also these fish have a tremendous appetite so an excellent skimmer is a must IMHO.

BLAKEJOHN

Thanks everyone. I think I will get one. I cant keep any shrimp because of the lion (He had a $50 dinner one night). As far as a skimmer I think my skimmer is just fine (Reef Octopus DDNW-250). I overfeed as it is. Yep now I just need to find one that is large enough not to get eaten.