There is something I need to say now ...

Mischko

Well, first of all I hope you all had a wonderfull Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year 2014!
But there is something else why I am writing this and it is something I noticed very much from the first moment I joined/read various forums dealing with marine tanks since I started.
Regardless if people don't agree on different opinions, ways to setup stuff, what to use, how to use and so on, I have so far never read any post or thread where somebody was personally attacked in any form at all here. Or even bashed by the other community members or got a **** storm here.
You have no idea how relaxing that is for me to spend time reading here without any dumb arsed *****ing at eachother unlike in our German forums!
For that reason, thank you all very much for a such respectfull way of treating eachother and exchanging information in our usually so relaxing hobby.
And a big thank you to all the girlfriends, wifes and life partners out there tolerating the amount of money and time we waste on some funny looking critters, glueing animals on rocks and so on.

Kudos

P. S. My wife is looking funny at me while writing this ;-)

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Nice post. There are so many ways to do things in this reefing hobby. We try to listen and learn and to promote a healthy environment of exchanging ideas here at RS! Thanks for noticing!

Fishdad1

I agree. This forum is as it should be, complimentary to the aquariums we keep. Very happy RS is here.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'm glad you feel that way! That's the way we try to operate :) "Sanctuary" in Reef Sanctuary is purposeful :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I know what you mean Mischko, I am not a member of any of the other forums but I've browsed them a few times and I usually can't stand to read much because most of the time they start sounding like DRAMATIC AUGMENTS than people trying to learn about this hobby from each other. :mad:
I'm very glad I found Reef Sanctuary 1st or I wouldn't be a member anywhere :dance:

mikecc

No DRAMATIC AUGMENTS around here......nope......sure not.......we (me) all stay on our meds.

Last edited:

Oxylebius

I am a member of another forum, but come here more often for this very reason.

I'm open to discussions and appreciate a good debate - that is one way we can learn - RS allows for this but in a way where respect is foremost. There isn't a need to bash/insult/belittle/condescend others opinions. Plus, there are many on here (I'm included) that share new research and articles that will help ourselves and our fellow reefers understand more about the biological/chemical/physical aspects of the wild reef and how that can be applied to aquarium settings.

Thank You RS members

Great thread Mischko

Last edited:
It is the same with all forums covering the various hobby lists. You get 99% that are frequented by people you would throat punch if they spoke to you like that in person and 1% that are worth joining. This is in the 1%.

You couldn't really get at anyone at this hobby unless they had a problem due to being stupid and still didn't want to listen to advice. That goes on in every forum too. There are too many ways of running a tank and too many inter linkable ways. That thankfully means there isn't a right way or in some cases a wrong way. If the wrong way is working, then it must be right for that tank.

Mike Johnson

I am a member of another forum, but come here more often for this very reason.

I'm open to discussions and appreciate a good debate - that is one way we can learn - RS allows for this but in a way where respect is foremost. There isn't a need to bash/insult/belittle/condescend others opinions. Plus, there are many on here (I'm included) that share new research and articles that will help ourselves and our fellow reefers understand more about the biological/chemical/physical aspects of the wild reef and how that can be applied to aquarium settings.

Thank You RS members

Great thread Mischko

Ditto. I come here most because of the friendliness.