The tang police is gonna kill my sister.lol

reefman420

Well here is the deal,my sister works as a leasing agent for some appartment buildings around the twin cities.She was called to someones appartment where their was water comeing from their ceiling.she went up stairs and the guy opened the door.Under his sink their was a broken pipe.lol

Anyways back on topic.She noticed he had a 150,and a 75.Well i dont know why but he is breaking down his 150 and turning in into fresh water,planted.She told him she had a brother with a 75 gallon reef.Well he stuck her with a perc clown,some other fish she doesnt know yet,and a smaller blue hippo tang.

Here comes the problem,I already have a sailfin.And i only have a 75.she said the hippo is only a lil bigger than a silver dollar.I know they will both out grow my 75.I am gettin a 220 this january.my big concern is the compatibility of thw two tangs?Any info on this subject will be greatly appreciated.And tang police it wasnt me.lolbut its in my hands to fix this.lol

reefman420

ya my birthday is jan.my uncle said he would pay for half if i paid the other half.Thats one step is getting the tank.hwo knows when ill have the money to get that much live rock.lol

Triggerjay

Start looking for and stocking up on LR now.. I had a fellow reefer come across about 100 or so lbs of LR from a friend that was tearing down his tank. He GAVE it all to me just to get it out of his garage! I also have about 75lbs in the 55g, so I should be set for the new system. Just ask some of the reefers local to you.. you may be suprised what you come up with.

Jason

reefman420

ya i know a guy about 15 min.from me he said he would sell me live rock at 3 dollars a pound.i might do that

lcstorc

How big is the sailfin in comparison to the regal?
Since they are different body styles generally you are ok, but if the sailfin is much bigger and already established you might run into some difficulty.
I did successfully add a regal to my tank which already had a sailfin and a chevron. They all three are almost exactly the same size. For a while there the regal spent all of his time hiding because the others were chasing him. Eventually though everybody made nice.

reefman420

ya thats one thing i was afraid of.The sailfin is a little bigger than him i am guessing.but i wont be home till 11.I hope i dont have any problems.i alwaysed liked the hippos.and the sailfin has been in my tank about three months

reefman420

well my lfs sells it for upper 8 dollars a pound.so 3 sounds like a very good deal to me.lol plus u probbly live alot closer to the ocean than minnesota.lol

lcstorc

If it's only a little bigger hopefully they will make peace. In my situation the two banded together against the new guy so at least you only have one on one.

jg2269jg

8 dollars that sucks i am so so very sorry to hear that. have you tried any only vendors you may be able to get it cheaper there if the 3 dollar a lb isnt enough good luck

reefman420

ya i was thinking that i could get it cheaper online if i bought alot.lol..but shipping rock is gonna cost a arm and a leg