The search for a High Output, low noise pump continues.....

BLADEYAMAHA

my mag18 on the 120 is decently quiet. some things to answer, and some to think about:

are you just plugging the pump into the wall and dropping it in the water, and going "wow! thats loud!" then unplugging it? or is it actually plumbed in? it will be a LOT more quiet once its plugged in.

lift the pump off of the floor of the sump an inch and see what it sounds like when its not touching anything. more quiet? if so, its a resonance problem, not a noisy pump. I can help with that if its the case.

faulty pump possibly? maybe just exchange it for another one exactly like it to test it. one little grain of sand can make a semi silent pump sounds like a garbage disposal with a fork in it.

+1

BLADEYAMAHA

lol, the problem is not on the listener's side. Do you have a mag 24? I set it in the sump and plugged it in. It sounded like it was cavitating or something. I put my hand over the outflow and it quieted down a bit, but it didnt stop cavitating until i completely stopped the water flow. I have a mag 5 which is completely quiet, but the 24 is a whole 'nother monster

does it need to wear in or something? this thing is loud like rattling and stuff

I think it may be the pressure causing problems.

my mag18 on the 120 is decently quiet. some things to answer, and some to think about:

are you just plugging the pump into the wall and dropping it in the water, and going "wow! thats loud!" then unplugging it? or is it actually plumbed in? it will be a LOT more quiet once its plugged in.

lift the pump off of the floor of the sump an inch and see what it sounds like when its not touching anything. more quiet? if so, its a resonance problem, not a noisy pump. I can help with that if its the case.

faulty pump possibly? maybe just exchange it for another one exactly like it to test it. one little grain of sand can make a semi silent pump sounds like a garbage disposal with a fork in it.

I put it in the water and hold it off the bottom so there is no resonance . It is not plumbed in, however. I wrapped my hands around the outlet to simulate some back pressure, but the noise persists. It may be a faulty pump, but is this the second faulty pump? I'm not sure