The Nguyen'ing 90

So i know your are suppose to start a chronicle right when you start but ive put it off. I am not too far off from starting my tank anyways. I started off with a 20 high and moved onto this 90. I bought the tank way back in May of 2009 but with a lot of major expenses i had to put off my tank. Im finally starting to slowly get things together again. Plans will be a mixed reef with mostly softies and LPS to start off with. I have 2x175W MH with 2x96w PCs for lighting, HOB CPR overflow, ASM G1x skimmer, wet/dry that i am converting into a sump, 1/10HP JBJ Arctica chiller, Mag 9 for a return, 2x Koralia 3 power heads, 2-4inch sand bed, and about 100 lbs of dense rock and 50lbs of LR to seed.

If i left anything else out i will add it later. Got to add some pictures before i get ready for work! :dance:

May 2, 2009 tank is home
IMG00876.jpg

IMG00875.jpg

May 22, 2009 Painted stand and hood
DSCN0198.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

May 28, 2009 Bought rocks and played with aquascape
DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

June 7 2009 base rock in tank and water added (old Eclipse light just for the effect)
DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

on hold... on hold... on hold.........

FINALLY!!!

Almost a year later!

Off hold!!!!

Feb 11, 2010 New 14K 175W MH bulbs (no PCs)
DSC00178.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Looks nice! I am in the same boat with the slow build, keep plugging away and you'll get there. ;)

bcarleton

$500 speeding ticket! My 110mph ticket in FL was only $250. What in the wide world of sports were you doing? Like 150mph upside down and in reverse while talking on the phone, reading a magazine, no headlights in the dark and eating the last doughnut in the box?!

$500 speeding ticket! My 110mph ticket in FL was only $250. What in the wide world of sports were you doing? Like 150mph upside down and in reverse while talking on the phone, reading a magazine, no headlights in the dark and eating the last doughnut in the box?!

Tickets here in Cali are a lot more expensive. I was doing 81 in a 65... 80 is about the avg speed in the "fast lane" for Californians. I was running late for work and cop was just doing his job. I cant be mad at him for my speeding. lesson learned.

Amnestia

You should get that recalculated, I got a 92mph speeding ticket in a 70zone (i5 near bakersfield).

It's charged in 1mile increments above the speed limit. There should be a calculator online somewhere, you're probably closer to $300.

A lot of the times the clerks messup on the ticket (although I believe they do this on purpose to get more money out of our pockets). Get it recalculated and talk to the judge and they will change the cost.

You should get that recalculated, I got a 92mph speeding ticket in a 70zone (i5 near bakersfield).

It's charged in 1mile increments above the speed limit. There should be a calculator online somewhere, you're probably closer to $300.

A lot of the times the clerks messup on the ticket (although I believe they do this on purpose to get more money out of our pockets). Get it recalculated and talk to the judge and they will change the cost.

Thanks. But i already paid it. I was able to get it down to 385 including traffic school.

MrPex

Lol, The "Winning" 90... funny!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but in the natural light, that looks like lava rock you're using?

Lol, The "Winning" 90... funny!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but in the natural light, that looks like lava rock you're using?

I thought it was lava rock at first when i went to look at it but turns out it was home made rocks that picked up some weird coloring. But at 1dollar/lbs it was worth it. Plus i have no had any water problems.