The Lightbulb Debate

Witfull

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and there fore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

One to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

Eight to prove light bulbs burning out is a conspiracy

Five to say that another board was discussing the issue of light bulbs, and they had other vague ideas about what to do with light bulbs.

Eight who post about ways to prep for a light bulb shortage, including one who has an idea on how to make light bulbs at home after a nuclear attack.

One to light the candle.. cause we are prepared and ready for the end of the world as we know it.

Four to suggest new light bulb smilies.

Three to suggest that problems with light bulbs actually started during the Clinton administration, with one saying this is a long term problem that began when Roosevelt introduced the New Deal

Two to post how the main stream media has squashed any news of the topic from getting through to the sheeple

and...

One lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
:smoking: Good call wit

I pull my halides out of the mogul bare handed while there still hot makes them twist easier and store them in a rubbermaid full of live rock I never had trouble with this procedure

better cover me ace if anyone tries this I'm not responsible:contract:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
A lamp that what you use in your living room not your reef tank I mean come on dude what are you thinking it a light fixture lol

you know wit if you were at RC this really would turn into an issue hehe and that's a fact most RS members can confirm that I think facts from the unknowing one

Mad Mike

EEK said:
A lamp that what you use in your living room not your reef tank I mean come on dude what are you thinking it a light fixture lol

you know wit if you were at RC this really would turn into an issue hehe and that's a fact most RS members can confirm that I think facts from the unknowing one

A lamp? That's what you use in your living room not your reef tank. I mean come on dude what are you thinking? It's a light fixture. lol

You know Wit if you were at RC this really would turn into an issue. hehe That's a fact most RS members can confirm that. I think facts from the unknowing one??

MM Tounge planted firmly in cheek ;)

XBwlr

Witfull said:
One lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.
Well, it ain't been 6 months, but...

Mad Mike said:
It's really called a lamp
He's right.

Bulbs are the clear glass before the coating process.

:idea:

Cougra

What about the people who chime in to say he's used the wrong bulb and should have gotten the more expensive one?

alice_curiouser

Cougra said:
What about the people who chime in to say he's used the wrong bulb and should have gotten the more expensive one?

Don't forget the lightbulb manufacturer who will supply the thread with "tests" to prove that HIS lightbulbs are the only ones worth using.