The good the bad and the ugly

fidojoe

Fish Addict
The ugly-
So I come home yesterday, go upstairs to look at my tank, and the first thing I notice when I walk into my room is that my socks are now wet:eek:, first thing I check is the kalk reactor which I had switched to a 5 gallon butcket, from the 2 gallon bucket, it turns out I forgot to reopen the valve to allow water into it, and the dosing pump popped the supply tube out...oops:D I then had about 4 gallons of RO water on the floor, and under the stand:eek:.

So, I drained the tank most of the way, and pulled out the rock and coral, then slid the tank forward.

The Good-
I saw the crab whose molt I found last month in side a rock, and got him out.
He's a little less green than the pic shows.
16crab1.JPG

The bad-
In the whole process of removing everything, I did not find my clown goby... I think he's dead:( .
Here's a pic I got of him last tuesday I think, which was the last time I saw him, and I just barely got him las friday. I think he might have gotten ick.
16clowngoby1.JPG

I'll get a full tank shot, if anyone's interested, from after I put everything back together. Just have to find some batteries for my camera, where the pics are.

fidojoe

Fish Addict
An update

Here's a pic of the tank, I like the new aquascaping, for once:rolleyes:.
All is good, except for the lost clown goby, I've lost all hope of finding him:(. I tested all params of the tank today:

Ph: 8.0 at the middle of the light cycle, and it stays there.
Nitrate: less than 10- the kit doesn't read lower than 10, but the color of the water was lighter pink than the 10 on the card.
Nitrite: Undetectable
Ammonia: Undetectable
Ca: 350, which isn't saying much being that its with a red sea pro kit:rolleyes:

16full2-28.JPG

mgregory

Tank looks great...wish I had the room in mine to have the aquascaping look like that!!!

Sorry about your goby.

Mark

Brucey

Bummer .... but every cloud has a silver lining ... New aquascaping looks great ..... hope your socks are OK
Brucey