The BSJ 55 Tall-

cstamper

It's finally here!

:eek:lsmile: I didn't realize how much I'd enjoy BSJ's so I'm building a reef around the fish.
I received a new tank and stand from my lovely wife for Christmas this year and I was finally able to get is started.
It's up a cycling as of 2 days ago. So I'll let you know when its finished and I can start adding livestock.

The plan is two add two BSJ's together as the first fish and see what happens.
As always please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Here are the specs so far.....
4-6" Sand Bed
70 lbs of LR cured. (with more on the way)
20g tall sump
Aqua eruo 150 Classic skimmer
Hamilton Tech HQI double ended MH250w
sunpaq retrofit driver 96w acticnic
retrofit LED moonlights

Here are the pics so far....
DSC01016.jpg

DSC01018.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Lol I was waiting on a reply on a thread of mine so I refresh often :)

I was reading down through and thought it said the tank finished cycling two days ago then I thought about the pics and how new the tank looked, figured I'd better read again.

Good thing to :)

cstamper

I hear you...I was browsing other threads and couldn't believe how fast that was..LOL
Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

cstamper

Update-
The tank is cycling and doing great. It seems to be cycling quicker than normal. Ammonia levels are receding after this first week. I added some rocks from my 24nano along some sand. I think that has something to do with the ammonia drop.
Can't wait to add the BSJ's!

cstamper

Well...it's been a while-
I added Jaws and my a new BSJ to the 55 after about 2 months of cycling...my water parameters being fantastic. The fish adapted well and appeared to be thriving. Both creating their own respective borrows
After about two weeks I noticed both becoming sluggish and soon after both died. They didn't appear to fight or to have trauma. I'm not sure what happened. It's very depressing though......especially losing your favorite fish.
Chris

tnwillia

Sorry you lost them. This is a great idea for a tank still. Maybe you can keep it up and running for the year with minimal inhabitants, (just a coral tank) and try the BSJF again once the tank really stabilizes. Good luck!

cstamper

Thanks...
My tank has been up and running and I've made the decision to try again. I've been really bummed since I lost the fish. So hopefully it works out this time
I'll keep people informed.

Reefer334

Just a thought you should have added the rock before the sand especially with burrowing fish.

Cool Tank!,
Any updates?

cstamper

Just a thought you should have added the rock before the sand especially with burrowing fish.

Cool Tank!,
Any updates?

Yeah.....I ended up excavating the rocks as I was adding H20.
No updates yet I'm waiting for a healthy BSJ. and have not found one yet.

Last edited:

Buldog

Make sure you take loads of photos once you get your BSJ I am a new fan of this fish, and soon I will have my very own once my tank is up and running. bye