The Black Blob!!!!

prow

lol, i used to do that too lynn. had all these nice corals and fish and shrimp and ect.....but went straight to searching for the blob, lol

lcstorc

It just appeared one day. Had to have been hiding in the rock for months since there were no recent additions. I've only ever seens one but if I see a baby I will post it. The one I have is getting huge.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I have never seen them for sale @ any of the wholesalers nor avaiable on thier list of availability

jeffreyKTM

I have one it is a black lamprey.....they will eat lps corals and algae and sponges...very kool and hearty and they have a death grip on whatever they are attached to....:hallo:

Techno-Vicki

Blacky has been around the block a few times:) I first found him in my origional propagation tank. Next, he ended up going to the shop, and now he is in my display tank. What is funny, is that every time he hitched a ride on the bottom of a rock. He comes out all the time now in my DT. I have never seen him eat anything but algae. He is fun to watch. I am glad he hitched back home:)
Vicki

Attachments

• blackyweb.jpg
    blackyweb.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 43

Techno-Vicki

Heinz identified him, "Yepp ...agree, looks like a Dendrodoris nigra. A friend of mine had this in his aquarium for a few months. They eat algae and sponges." He has gotten bigger and his head is out a lot. He does have a look of a sea hair in this pic.

lcstorc

Mine is still wandering around and getting lots bigger. When we re-scaped we made sure he was safely on one of the rocks and didn't get smushed. They are really cool to see cruising the tank. Mine seems to move a lot faster than before. Maybe as they grow they move more.

Techno-Vicki

It is enjoyable to watch him "cruse" around. He really clears up algae he goes across as well, and considering my mystery wrasses don't allow me to have too many hermits around (eat them right up), I need all the janitors I can get. I need to get some more soon.

miaskies

I have one of those living inside a piece of my live rock. It seems to be nocturnal, as I have only witnessed it come out at night. I believe it eats algae, have not noticed any damage to corals.

Mine only eats algae not sponges, doesn't bother my corals either. They are nocturnal but I do see it out during the day sometimes.

Techno-Vicki

I am not sure how long I have had mine, maybe a year or more. It is only since I have had him in my DT that I notice he comes out during the day as well. He is out a lot now:)

lcstorc

It may be just because I know what I am looking for but I can find mine about 50% of the time during the day. At this point I just watch him and point him out to visitors. I figure if he was going to do something bad I would have noticed by now.