The baby Dwarfs were born today!!!

They're here, they're here!!!!! This morning at 10:10am I noticed Stallion was shaking so I looked closer and saw a tail! I started filming right away & while I was I noticed tiny horses all over the tank. I haven't a clue how many there are yet. Their so darn cute I just had to share!
What an incredible week! My younger brother just had his 1st child last Monday & my daughter had our 1st grand child on Wednesday! My head is spinning!

lcstorc

Awesome. I'd like to have a seahorse tank one day. Are they hard to maintain?

Yes. The hardest thing for me is the temp. They need temps of 72-74. Also it is hard to keep the tank clean unless you train them to use a feeding station and even then it is a challenge. Uneaten food decays and creates amonia etc.

Yes. The hardest thing for me is the temp. They need temps of 72-74. Also it is hard to keep the tank clean unless you train them to use a feeding station and even then it is a challenge. Uneaten food decays and creates amonia etc.

Yes I totally agree. Cleaning the tank is very important especially with small tanks & the dwarfs do need small tanks. Feeding 3x's daily doesn't help either. I'm now wondering how I'm going to clean the tank with such small ponies. I can't believe how tiny they are! They're like pencil dots w/tails! I still can't count them!

Not sure if you have already read this but it does talk a bit about feeding the fry.
seahorse.org - Tankmates

The article is misnamed but it is the right one. :)

Thank you for the link. Yes, Ive read it and it's quite useful!

I've been watching the tank closely today. I noticed something interesting. As soon as Stallion was done giving birth, he found his mate Filly & immediately began the mating dance again.

bratyboy2

oh i have been wanting to get a seahorse tank going for some time now. i think the dwarf's would be fun but im really wanting to get the bigger ponies...we will see:bluenod: