The 180gal Family Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkipigtails

Thanks for looking everyone.

Terry: We even cut a pipe that we ended up not needing to cut that was already glued into the hardest BH to get to. *eeeek*

okiejaco: Thanks for hanging out with us. Trust me, everything takes twice as long with a baby.

JoJo: I like your look out on things. I've definately learned a LOT during this build and there's still a LOT more to learn.

Kathy: I can't wait to get fish into the big tank. She's already mesmorized by the back tank and there's hardly anything in it anymore.

Craig: I would hardly say that we're on track but we're still plugging along. I'm just tired of having a living room cluttered with plumbing parts.

Al: Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully the plumbing problems aren't indicative of more problems to come.

Jack: That's EXACTLY what it's like!!!! I thought we had everything we needed to finish the last bit of the plumbing then...WHAM!!! We've got to saddle over this and saddle over that and angle this before that to avoid hitting something else. Man, it's complicated. It looks like one of those super huge, ginormous, super complicated interstate interchanges that makes you think you're going to get lost when you're driving on it.

nikkipigtails

Moby's been out a ton lately so I figured I'd take a couple of pictures so you can see how much he's grown. Each arm is about 12" long and his central disc is about 2" in diameter. The pics are awful but you get the point.

23liash.jpg

2euifx1.jpg

BarbMazz

I've been following along, nikki, but just too lazy to post and now I feel a little guilty that I haven't!

I can't wait to see pictures of this plumbing! Maybe you could hook up a nuclear reactor to it! It sounds very complicated, and then with Olivia there I imagine it's frustrating... I bet just when you think you have something figured out she needs something and you lose your train of thought.

That star is kinda creepy looking! Mine has been out and about lately, too, climbing all over the rocks; reminds me of War of the Worlds.

nikkipigtails

Victor: It's a bubble tip brittle star Victor. He's just REALLY big!

Barb: I actually thought about adding some kind of nuclear device. It may help with the cost of electricity since our lights are so massive. I actually had a dream about Moby crawling out of the tank and walking into our bedroom and attacking me in the middle of the night for keeping him in such a small tank for so long. I've been really creeped out by him ever since. I'll have to put him in the bottom of bucket by himself when we move him so we can really see how big he his.

BarbMazz

:nono: Make sure you don't live in a "nuclear-free zone" first. Don't wanna get anybody in the neighborhood mad at you.. those big towers are hard to hide you know. It would really add to your reputation there, though! Might be worth it just for that.

You know when you have Moby in a bucket that you need to take a PICTURE. Put him in a bigger rubbermaid container or something so he can stretch out. Then hold a yardstick up and take a picture. There, I've planned the whole thing for you. :tongue:

nikkipigtails

:nono: Make sure you don't live in a "nuclear-free zone" first. Don't wanna get anybody in the neighborhood mad at you.. those big towers are hard to hide you know. It would really add to your reputation there, though! Might be worth it just for that.

You know when you have Moby in a bucket that you need to take a PICTURE. Put him in a bigger rubbermaid container or something so he can stretch out. Then hold a yardstick up and take a picture. There, I've planned the whole thing for you. :tongue:

Good thinking!

nikkipigtails

LET THERE BE PLUMBING!!!!
The only part we have left to do is the plumbing going to the second tank. We decided not to drill it so the plumbing will just go over the top. As soon as we put the ball valves on it, we'll be filling up the big tank with water. :woohoo:

First, the supervisors:
Bruce Wayne
2vbkmzq.jpg

Livi
34zgc5u.jpg

Now...PLUMBING!
Full Shot from the back
2rr2yrc.jpg

2q245ra.jpg

Bottom
2r7tu9t.jpg

Front
20uwlcm.jpg

kathywithbirds

WOW very clean!!! That's all to the sump uner the tank, right? Is there anything in another room or something? (too lazy to backtrack....)

Varga

that more PVC than I've seen in my life time :D

nice cat, we have one identical to yours and he bothers the heck out of me, follows me around and screams till we pick him up! once he's picked up and held like a darn baby, he continues talking but more softly :)

nikkipigtails

that more PVC than I've seen in my life time :D

nice cat, we have one identical to yours and he bothers the heck out of me, follows me around and screams till we pick him up! once he's picked up and held like a darn baby he continues talking but more softly :)

Bruce's really laid back. He comes to get his loving and when he's had his fill, he goes away. He's a secret snuggler though. He only snuggles when you're asleep and he thinks you don't know he's there.

BarbMazz

Loce the first supervisor! LOVE the second supervisor.. that is a GREAT picture! :bouncer:

Seeing the plumbing makes my head hurt! How on earth did you figure that out!

Can't wait to see some water in that baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.