naperenterprise

I got my RO/DI today, its all set up and ready to go!
I can't wait to clear my water up!!!

001.jpg

And I got a new frag last night:

002.jpg

What does your PSI read on your units?

The TDS meter reads 0.00 ppm comming out (That sounds good!)

Scouter Steve

I believe you want 50-60 psi at least to get the best water. I have the same setup as you with a booster pump cause my well only pushes 40. With the booster I am about 85 and produce ) TDS about 4 gallons per hour on the 75 GPD unit.

naperenterprise

We'll I'm at 50 psi, so I guess im at the min.
Also the last chamber isn't filled with water like the others. I'm talking about the DI chamber, is this normal? The TDS meter also seems a little weird, I have to hit the power button a few times to work, then it shuts off for no reason a second or two later? Is this normal?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Congrats on your ro/di unit!!!! You'll never go without one again once you start seeing the positive results (no algae) in your reef :)

My PSI is about 45-50. I am on 'city water' and the pressure and quality is pretty darn good. My incomming TDS is only 70-90ppm and pre-DI is around 3ppm; post DI is zero! :)

Phyxius

naperenterprise,
I have the same unit and you will enjoy it. I had only 45psi at the unit with my supply line where its installed so I ended up adding a booster pump and now spit out 5 gallons every hr. I`m happy with it. Great customer service from them also if ever needed

The air in the last cylinder DI will gradually go away. Its trapped air in the unit from install. Mine does that when I install new filters and gradually will disappear over time.

RODIunit.jpg

Scouter Steve

My DI filter always empties when I start running water, faster when I back flush my membrane. When filling my 32 gal brute the canister is usually half full. When the float shuts off the unit runs until the DI is full again.

naperenterprise

I absolutly love this RO/DI.
Great company too!

You'll be very happy with yours.
I like dealing with them because this is what they do primarilay, and they back up there product 100%

Good choice

Last edited:

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
:D

Jim will like that. I just got of the phone with him. We go to IMAC, MACNA and F & S Frag-Swap together. In another month I will be able to almost throw a stone and hit his new house :lol: