Tennessee 2010 Frag Swap

The 2010 Tennessee Reef Aquarium Expo and Frag Swap will be held on January 23, 2010 from 12:00PM-5:00PM. It is being held at the Kingwood Height Church of Christ Church, 115 E MTCS Road, Murfreesboro, TN 37129.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Shannon where is Murfreesboro? Is it close to the NC border at all? My luck it's near Memphis or Chatanooga TN.

It's about 40min south of Nashville. I looked at mapquest and I think it is somewhere between 4 to 4 1/2 hours from Waynesville, NC. It's about the same from Lexington. I might go crash with my best friend in Nashville and then head to the frag swap from there.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yeah it's a good "hop" from here. I-40 (the main artery East to West for us) is currently closed for up to 5 months for a MASSIVE rock-slide. This would add at least another hour (or more) to the trip to TN.

I-40rockslide.jpg

I-40rockslide2.jpg

images courtesy of SmokyMountainConnection.com

WOW! That really was a massive rock slide! Anyone there when it happened?

Well, at least, it is alot closer than Memphis. Remember, look for the silver lining ;)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I don't think anyone was "Under" it at the time but some vehicles were too close and suffered some damage but nothing huge that I'm aware of.

Yeah it's HUGE! Shocking to see that much of a mountain just let go and slide down. The picture doesn't to it justice.

id go to the swap since its held not far from me but i have no frags :lol:

You don't have to have any frags. You can just go to browse and buy other people's frags. You'll usually find HUGE deals at a frag swap. You can get frags for a fraction of the cost. So if it is near to you then GO! I went to the frag swap in Cincinnati and I don't have frags either. I just went to look and ended up winning a $90 gift certificate to an on-line reef store. So don't miss it if you want to get some frags cheap.

nightfire76

i was only joking about not being able to go lol though you are right im sure they will have huge deals and by then ill have an icecap set up of lights so i might be able to have my reef up by then :D

Well, here's hoping you have your new lights up by then. Even if you don't, you can often get awesome deals on equipment at these frag swaps. so go anyway :D And where is Dickson, TN anyway? I live in Lexington, KY.

nightfire76

dickson is only about 45 minutes to an hour from nashville depending on if ya feel like going over the speed limit :lol:

Deep Thief

Hey all, I saw this from google, which is what got me to join here. Any body with more info on this. How big? How much to enter? etc, etc, etc.... Thanks much. Mark

nightfire76

my friends with the guys setting it up...no fee,as far as how big it depends on how many set up tables,last years was big,im part of the MTRC here,our local club,there'll be super cheap frags and other things for sale,just bought an icecap 660 for 80 bucks from one of the guys,they arent out to make it rich,just to help others in the hobby out so come by it'll be great and btw welcome to reef sanctuary :D

Deep Thief

my friends with the guys setting it up...no fee,as far as how big it depends on how many set up tables,last years was big,im part of the MTRC here,our local club,there'll be super cheap frags and other things for sale,just bought an icecap 660 for 80 bucks from one of the guys,they arent out to make it rich,just to help others in the hobby out so come by it'll be great and btw welcome to reef sanctuary :D

Thanks for the info and welcome. I told the wife last night we were going, my tank will still be cycling at that point so I won't be able to buy any livestock. I wish this was about a month later. I will still come and try and get names and make contacts so when I am ready:fingerx:

You need to be advertising this on other forums. I only saw it on someones avatar on like The Reef Tank (I think) and then I googled it to find here. I mentioned it in a thread on Reef Central where some of us are trying to start a club. Unfortunately most are from the Evansville, IN area and thats another hour away from me. I am 1.5 - 2 hours from you myself. Worth it for good corals and contacts.

MTRC ???? Middle Tennessee Reef Club??? maybe. Where, When, whats the details. Depending on the meeting days, I might be willing to make the trip once a month or so. Like I said, we are trying to start a club a little more local.

As for your sig, now worries about the skins, your biggest worry should be the Cowboys:poke:

Thanks again, Mark

nightfire76

lol thats what i was thinking the cowboys too and i think the falcons will be a little pissed that we beat them too :lol: ill shoot you a pm...meetings take place in different places

Thanks for the info and welcome. I told the wife last night we were going, my tank will still be cycling at that point so I won't be able to buy any livestock. I wish this was about a month later. I will still come and try and get names and make contacts so when I am ready:fingerx:

You need to be advertising this on other forums. I only saw it on someones avatar on like The Reef Tank (I think) and then I googled it to find here. I mentioned it in a thread on Reef Central where some of us are trying to start a club. Unfortunately most are from the Evansville, IN area and thats another hour away from me. I am 1.5 - 2 hours from you myself. Worth it for good corals and contacts.

MTRC ???? Middle Tennessee Reef Club??? maybe. Where, When, whats the details. Depending on the meeting days, I might be willing to make the trip once a month or so. Like I said, we are trying to start a club a little more local.

As for your sig, now worries about the skins, your biggest worry should be the Cowboys:poke:

Thanks again, Mark

Well, I have nothing to do with the MTRC. I don't even live in Tennessee. Someone from my local reef club, the Kentucky Reef Society, posted it on our forum so I decided to post it here. Glad you googled and it led you here. This is one of the best national reef sites on the net.

Oh, and Deep Thief, I just realized that you are from Kentucky too. Where the heck is Mortons Gap??? Actually, I looked it up on mapquest. You aren't too hugely far from where I grew up. I grew up in Calvert City, KY right outside of Paducah. I live in Lexington now. You should look at joining the Kentucky Reef Society. You might be kinda far for the meetings, etc, but there are often really good deals on the forum section For Sale/For Trade, etc, and there is good advice from local reefers too. If you want the link, shoot me a pm.