Tennenti Tang

GrendelPrime

heres an updated pic of my tank and u can see him cruzing around in it
000_0455-1.jpg

seafansar

IamELMO- Pretty sure that's not a tennenti tang. Looks like a juvi Acanthurus nigricauda (Black-Barred tang).

Here are some pics of my tennenti.

P2270342.jpg

P2270350.jpg

P2270354.jpg

P2270349.jpg

IamELMO

Well it wouldn't be the first time I've bought a misidentified fish from this particular shop. I bought a lawnmower blenny and got a molly miller.

Hmmm, I'll keep an eye out......

Cant wait soon as my tank move goes smoothly and then i successfully pass the mini cycle i will look into ordering mine id hate for it not to make it such a beautiful fish

seafansar

One of my LFS's is terrible at identifying their fish too. I usually research the fish first, so I know what it is and then buy it. And if I see a new fish I search for it in my marine fish ID book. I actually ended up getting a wrasse for really cheap. They had two in the tank and got them mixed up and only made me pay for the cheaper one instead of the more expensive one that I bought. I even told them of the mix-up, but I guess they didn't believe me. Oh well!

crespeto

Okay I think I'd like one of each. Course just got a couple fish and my tank isn't even cycled exactly so you all are killing me here. Beautiful pics, congrats on all the great fish, very cool to see what I'll be able to get some day.

seafansar

that tang is beautiful seafansar..what size tank is he in and what other fish do u have with him?

Those were old pictures when he was in a QT tank with a wrasse. He's in my dad's 90 gallon now with a clarkii pair, bicolor angel, hamlet, marine betta, wrasse, and pseudochromis. It's a fish only tank with a couple of anemones for the clarkiis.