Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)
Italian Cars won't start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)
American water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
Mt. St. Helens freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
Hell freezes over.
The Ottawa Senators win the Stanley Cup

Kind of old, but I still find it funny. lol

Gina

RS STAFF
Thanks David! So I take it Canadians laugh at us when we complain it's cold out when the temp is just in the 30's!LOL

strat

guess it depends where in Canada you live. :D Its been around 10C for the last week (45-50F) and sunny. almost tshirt weather if youre working hard outside. its been great. our local ski mountain hasnt opened yet (as far as ive heard) cuz its just raining up there. i feel for everyone thats suffering in the cold and snow. ........well im off to work, have a great day all.

strat

Maxx

See I grew up on the west coast...I dont like it when its cold out. I love snow, just hate the cold. So one of you super genius' out here need to figure out a way to have snow that doesnt need to be in freezing temps....
Nick

Maxx

Flatlander said:
Its only going to -31 C here tonight. :hallo:

Thats just sick.....When Polar Bears are a legitimate concern......you need to move south.

edit...btw, thats -87.8F for those of us in the non metric world...is this correct?

mkpaulson said:
Just curious do you Canadians ever get American Nickels in your change?

ROFL...

Nick

Last edited:

ScottT1980

So one of you super genius' out here need to figure out a way to have snow that doesnt need to be in freezing temps....

You have never read Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle" have you? Scary stuff...

It was 18 with a -2 windchill in Raleigh, NC yesterday. Probably the coldest temperature I ever remember experiencing (with the wind chill). I think I will stay where those temperatures are unseasonably cold...

And to think I dreamt of moving to Vermont...

Take er easy
SCott T.

strat

yeah sometimes we get some american change in our pockets. not often tho. course, it doesnt affect us the same way as you. :D

strat

proud2bcanadian

LOL!

It's FREEZING here in Toronto! Its about -12 Celcius with the windchill, and this evening it's going to be about -25 Celcius!

It snowed all night, and now we have freezing rain!
Florida looks really nice right about now, lol.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
So much for Canada. Today in Duluth Minnesota the high is -13 F and the low -31 F (-35 C)

edit...btw, thats -87.8F for those of us in the non metric world...is this correct?

Not even close :turntable -40 C = - 40 F

(-39 C x 1.8) + 32 = -38.2 F

Maxx

Okay, I just subtracted the 32 instead of adding it...figured this was like normal math dealing with negative numbers......sigh. Thats what I get for trying to be smart....
Happy Holidays everyone!
Nick