TDS

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Assuming your Tds meter is right and 7 tds is your final output water then I have to assume your current filter can't handle the high source water or its bypassing unfiltered water some how. Your output water should be 0 and given that after 25g your DI went orange, something is not right.

Know anyone in your area who could bring over their unit and see how it performs?

waltmag41

I'm going to chalk it up to bad source water....I will check my TDS meter (I'm a chemist so I have access to small amounts of pure water at work) and I will reseat everything again today and see where I'm at. I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably need a second DI

StirCrayzy

8-900 TDS source water is incredible. Most folks on wells around here are in the 2-300 range. There are people here on RS that use whole house water softeners and plumb RODI downstream of the house filter . I assume you're doing that at least?

waltmag41

8-900 TDS source water is incredible. Most folks on wells around here are in the 2-300 range. There are people here on RS that use whole house water softeners and plumb RODI downstream of the house filter . I assume you're doing that at least?

Nope......no softener/filter of any kind. I was kind of shocked by how high it was........needless to say we drink a lot of bottled water

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Nope......no softener/filter of any kind. I was kind of shocked by how high it was........needless to say we drink a lot of bottled water
Ha you might want a softener!

A second DI will get you to 0 but you're still going to blow through it

StirCrayzy

Gonna blow through entire sets of RODI filters very quickly. I would invest in a whole house supply filter setup that can at least take the edge off.