TB's 67g custom project

Tigahboy

thanks for the info, maxx.

and thanks, jhnrb.

here's an updated shot of my dispar anthia school (I have 5 now - I think I'm done now in terms of fish):
67g0431a.jpg

Tigahboy

took a few more pics...

finally the elusive trio of fire shrimp decide to poke their heads out (well 2 of them did at least).
67g0501a.jpg

67g0501b.jpg

Sharkbait

I run squareback anthias beautiful,really like yer dispar's. What do you feed?Great job on the tank it has came along very nice lately.

Tigahboy

Auto Top-off set-up

Decided to use a file storage bin. It holds about 10g of water and is roughly 22x13x12". Also fits perfectly under the prop tank.

67gtop1.jpg

The auto top-off is run by a mag2.

67gtop2.jpg

I hard plumbed the whole project w/ pvc. Added a T w/ ball valve to help slow down the rate of flow from water reservoir to sump by redirecting a bulk of the water pumped by the mag2 back into the water container.

67gtop3.jpg

Did this to prevent water moving out of the water container too quickly and exposing the mag2 to air. Also figured adding freshwater to a reef as slowly as possible would be a more ideal situation.

67gtop4.jpg

Made a hole at the top of the lid and used a slip union so I could easily connect and disconnect the plumbing from the pump.
67gtop5.jpg

pvc then heads for the sump tank
67gtop6.jpg

And releases top-off water at the very top of the sump tank to avoid any back-siphoning issues.
67gtop7.jpg

Here's the float switch from californiareefs.com that turns the mag2 on when drops 1/2" or so.

67gtop8.jpg

Tigahboy

Water Reservoir Auto-Refill

So my water reservoir also gets refilled automatically by a float valve directly connected to my RO/DI unit.

67gtop9.jpg

67gtop10.jpg

Here's a pic of actual RO/DI unit under my kitchen sink.

67gtop11.jpg

Drilled a small hole to allow for the tubing to exit thru the bottom.

67gtop12.jpg

I was able to push the tubing underneath carpeting along the wall, so you can barely notice it traveling from my kitchen to my living room closet.

67gtop13.jpg

Here's a pic of the float valve in the down position - so water is allowed thru. The float valve stops when the water level reaches about 0.5" from the top.

67gtop14.jpg

Tigahboy

overall auto top-off set-up

67gtop15.jpg

The pic above is after setting it up and waiting for the water to fill up the container.

Tigahboy

aquascaping progress

Added 25lb mostly Vanuatu LR. Started aquascaping but didn't have enough LR for the very left side. I still have 40 more lb of fiji premium curing tho, so once that finishes, I'll be set.

But here's the updated aquascaping:

fts0509.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Just a great job Tigahboy ! I really like the blue backround and now that I see it I should've gone with my instinct and gone with the blue instead of the black on my acrylic tank looks more natural :rolleyes:

Craig Manoukian

TB! I don't know how I missed this thread, but you are a magician. Outstanding project and fantastic chronology. What a treat to watch your progress. Keep posting those great pictures you take!