TankGirls's Beautifull Tank

tankgirl

I fed the brains today, did one side and by the time I got around to the other side these guys all had their tentacles out and waiting. :D

tankgirl

Luis, Thanks! You're an inspiration to me!

Thanks mick & rookie!!

Another blasto pic, but it's not as good as the other one (I think).

tankgirl

Well, I've decided to downsize.

I'm going to get Jeepers 125 and take my time setting it up just the way I want it, move what I can keep to it, and sell the 260.

The 260 is a dreamy tank, but it's just too big for me. It needs someone with long enough arms and more arm muscles than I have.

Robz

wow!!! 260 is really nice, im sure you are going to have lots of fun with the new 125, what lights you are going to use for it?(125) are you going to do the 3 sides view? It might be a little too narrow for 3 sides view, 180 would be just perfect :)

Playa

tg I agree with Rob. If you must downsize under 180 then go with 120, not 125. If it was fish only then 125 would be good. For a reef tank a 120 is far more adequate, generating currents, aquascaping it(more depth), and cheaper on the bulbs. You could run 2x400 watt bulbs and a couple of VHO's, rather than having to go to 3 MH bulbs on a 125.JMHO

Luis

Good luck tg

If I can help, please dont hesitate to ask:)

Last edited:
I agreed with Robz a 180 will give you more options to aquascape.Also you could use the same equipment and lights you currently own.I'm sorry you're having some difficulties keeping the 260.
Anyway you have enough live rock and corals to almost start with a instant reef!
Wish you the best TG.

VINA

Cougra

That's a big change your going to make TG! It must have been a very difficult decission to make! Guess you found out that there is such a thing as too big :)

I can't wait to see the updates on the change over. Best of luck to you!

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
TG downgrading is a hard decision as I am finding out myself. But in the long run it is what you feel comfortable with and will assure you the best enjoyment of your reef and it's inhabitants.

Your present tank is a work of art and makes me want to put on a mask and snorkel and go exploring! It is all part of this hobby and going with your heart in this wonderful journey we all take together in our own way that makes it so rewarding!:)

Craig Manoukian

TG,

How about a 96"L x 30"W x 20"T 250 gallon tank that will give you the same water volume, and allow you to reach the bottom of the tank?

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

sharks

Contributing Member
Stunning pics and corals!
Sorry to here about the difficulties and I hope the downsize goes well. I’m sure it will and I know you will plan it out well.
I would also recommend the 180 or if cost is an issue the 120.
IMHO the 24” tank is a must for reefing :D
I love the 120 but just didn’t have the footprint and the cash to support the 6’ version.
Please keep us up to date on the decision process.
If you go for the room divider again it should be the 180 and like stated above almost everything you have now will work to run it.
HIH
S

tankgirl

Thanks, everyone!!

Rob, Jeepers also has two 400W ballasts and lights (20K) that I'm gonna buy too. I'll probably need to get another. I'm not gonna set it up as a walkaround, just one side of the glass to clean!

Luis, the tank is 72x18x24, so I guess it's actually a 130 - What did you mean about a 120 vs. a 125? Would I'd be sorry getting this instead of a 120?
The 18' width isn't ideal, I know, but in order to get away from that, wouldn't I have to have a custom tank built?

Hi Vina, Thanks! I'm really sad, love the big tank, but it makes everything so hard because I can't reach the bottom.

Hi Michelle, Yeah, amazingly true.

Hi Johnny, It's really a tough decision - I'm wobbling all over the place because everything is happening so fast.

Hi Craigy, 96 would be too long for my house. I think I could be happy with any size as long as I could reach the bottom. I love this tank, and finally have it pretty well along, am reasonably happy. It's a nuisance having short arms.

Hi sharks! Thanks!! Do you mean 24 tall? I'm not very smart about tank sizes. I just want a tank I can reach the bottom of. Would appreciate any advice about this. I thought about a 180 but it seems like the 120 range is pretty nice and big enough for a reasonable reef. That was my only thinking, so far.