Tank Upgrade Questions

Lonestar

We are upgrading from 37 gal reef tank to newly purchased 92 gal bowfront corner w/ cherry cabinetry. Over the past couple months we have purchased high end equipment upgrades in anticipation of the upgrade. Now that it's time to break down the old and set up the new, I have a couple questions that, as a novice, I would feel more comfortable with some advice / clarification from those who are "in the know"

1.) currently have 75 lbs LR in current system. We just purchases another 50 lbs of "cured" LR. Will the 125 total be sufficient for the 92 gal system? Or do you recommend I beef up the total now?

2.) We also purchased an additional 100 lbs of LS. Should I be able to re-use any of the LS from the established system I'm breaking down? I'm concerned over the welfare of the critters in the old sandbed.

3.) Am I to expect the 92 gal tank to cycle like a new tank, even if I transfer the water and LR from the other tank?

More questions will surely follow.....I just don't want to screw up by not seeking advise from those who are "in the know"

Reddog170

Yes you can use the sand from your old system. Yes you should have at least a mini cycle. A 92 gallon tank, in my opinion, should have around 180 lbs of live rock.
Also, if you have not already, get some new test kits. Just the basic four. Ammonia, Nitrite, nitrate and PH. Be amazed how many people that have tanks get rid of the basic kits.
best of luck, keep us informed, Shaun

Lonestar

Will take the need for more LR to heart, and have it on the shopping list for the next trip to town. Will post photos of the transition when we are ready to do the deed. The custom cherry cabinet looks awesome.....however it did hit me deep in the wallet.

BTW, ditching the API test kits (had them a while) as I recently picked up Aqua Test Expert Line kits by Elos....the reviews on this line seemed promising

Lonestar

When I transfer the LR from the existing system to the new tank, will it adversely affect the beautiful coraline algae that has encrusted the rock?

We also enjoy the tiny copepods that scurry about the LR. What chance do they have of survival from one tank to the next?