Tank turned nursery!

Jess

Just thought I'd share that not only do I have about 40 little baby snails (not stomatella, although I have tons of those too), but then yesterday I noticed two baby urchins on the underside of the rock my yellow leather is on. I checked them again this morning and they had moved a little but still in the same area. Yay!!!!! The bigger one is about the size of a pea. I will try to get pics later :bigbounce

I know urchins reproduce by themselves (I have a tuxedo) but what about my snails? Are they bumpin' uglies or what? :bugout:

Jess

Yay!!

However I also noticed something else, a "fingerprint" looking thing on my trachy. Upon some research this morning I think it might be flatworms! :bouncebox

Jess

Oh joy! I'm hoping I am incorrect about it, but in reading the sticky on here about flatworms... I don't know.... I have an area on one rock covered in that rust looking stuff. Just thought it was some kind of algae. My camera broke, and I'm borrowing a friend's, but the macro is horrible, so I'm stuck using my camera on my phone. I need to put up a pic so I can get some advice...

I'm hoping and praying I am so totally wrong! I'm battling severe aiptasia right now too.... I can't hang with something else!!! :crossed:

rmlevasseur

Yes, snails will lay eggs in the aquarium - fairly common. Best way to tell if its flat worms is simply to watch one, as they do slowly crawl about. If you confirm you have them, best to start treatment early when the risk of poisoning from a mass die-off is at the lowest. Also better chance that treatment will get them all.