Tank turned 49 this year

Paul B

This guy likes to sit on the coral after he eats and listen to his stomach rumble

July10th003.jpg

This little girl grew up and has started mateing. She is a little young and I don't see any eggs yet but I think she started to change colors and she spends all of her time right next to her older boyfriend

tank007.jpg

Here is her boyfriend
Gobieggs011-1.jpg

Basile

Hey Paul, back from the ship, just thought i'd say hi. Very nice pictures.

i got a question Paul. See i'm gona start my 65 g soon and when ready i'll move every fish and inverts from my biocube to it. And i want to restart my biocube but with fresh stuff; new sand or should i just wash the old sand. So how do i manage my old liverock. Do i just trhow it out or brush the left over corals from it. I got starpolyp that i really don't want anymore, too invasive. Let me know thanks.

Paul B

I have five or six very large mojanos which were all living on the same rock. They have recently started to migrate off the rock to other places which they are forbidden to do :D

They think I don't notice because they move a little each night, now all but one is off the rock which they have been on for over a year.
I was born at night, but not last night.

I gave them a stern talking to and if they are not back where they are supposed to be in a few days, they will be in my mojano eradication experiments.

I already stopped their meals of fish eggs. :rolleyes:

This is their baby pictures
Marcoisland005.jpg

Oh and that little yellow watchman gobi has started to change into her adult colors. Now she is trimmed in dark gray

wazzifam

Hi Paul, It has been a little while. How are you Not the tank?

I have some new rocks in my tank and they had the same looking thing on them. Can I post them here to you to see if they are the same?

I thought they were hairy mushrooms but the more I look at the one I know is a HM for sure, looks diff than the stuff on the rock.

Would you take a look>

Paul B

Kim, I am fantastic. We just got a new boat, business is good, I feel great and all is well.

You can post anything you like here. I don't own this forum, I just visit once in a while. :ofr:

Paul B

THose are the type of mojanos which will multiply all over the place. I just wirebrush them to pieces.

what kind of fish egg's do you feed Paul. Did you feed only the majanos or your fish too.

I use salmon eggs for the corals and larger fish and smaller eggs that I don't know what they are because I don't read Chinese and thats what it is written in.
You need to rinse the eggs really well or your skimmer will overflow for hours.

redsea reefer

THose are the type of mojanos which will multiply all over the place. I just wirebrush them to pieces.

I use salmon eggs for the corals and larger fish and smaller eggs that I don't know what they are because I don't read Chinese and thats what it is written in.
You need to rinse the eggs really well or your skimmer will overflow for hours.

Thanx Paul. What color are the smaller eggs, so i know what to look for when buying.

Wow Paul that is amazing!!! You rock! I could meet you in person. you seem like a fun person to talk to. My tank sucks compared to yours but it is only 4 months old too, and i'm only 26.

I love this thread! I just came across it this morning and have slowly been reading through it. My gf thinks i'm crazy and too obsessed with this "hobby". I think it runs through my blood as well. After walking through a fish store about a year ago all I do is eat sleep and breath aquarium.

Say, I can't keep my tank cool right now. We just moved into this apt and it is like 85 everyday, therefore my tank is 85. I've been using blocks of ice to cool the tank but it doesn't help much and not for long either. any ideas?

Oh, and by the way, you are a god to me!

Willie McDaries

Wow Paul that is amazing!!! You rock! I could meet you in person. you seem like a fun person to talk to. My tank sucks compared to yours but it is only 4 months old too, and i'm only 26.

I love this thread! I just came across it this morning and have slowly been reading through it. My gf thinks i'm crazy and too obsessed with this "hobby". I think it runs through my blood as well. After walking through a fish store about a year ago all I do is eat sleep and breath aquarium.

Say, I can't keep my tank cool right now. We just moved into this apt and it is like 85 everyday, therefore my tank is 85. I've been using blocks of ice to cool the tank but it doesn't help much and not for long either. any ideas?

Oh, and by the way, you are a god to me!

set up a fan blowing on the water,it will help,but you'll have to top off freshwater more often

Paul B

Thanks guys.

What color are the smaller eggs, so i know what to look for when buying.

The eggs are kind of pinkish orange but any saltwater fish eggs would be fine.

We just moved into this apt and it is like 85 everyday, therefore my tank is 85. I've been using blocks of ice to cool the tank but it doesn't help much

My tank is also 85 degrees and has been for years. If it goes higher than that I have a gallon bottle of ice in the freezer that I put in the tank. It cools it about 2 degrees. If that doesn't work, I put in another gallon. I keep rotating the bottles of ice. Never had a problem. I had a chiller which I never used and I recently gave it away to someone on one of these forums.

congrats on the success,your tank is almost as old as I am

You just need to get a little older :thumbup:

Paul B

My tank has been in the same place for 30 years and the temp in the summer is always 85. I was curious and just looked at my temp, it is closer to 90 now which is too high. I just put in some ice. It goes this high all the time 85 is fine. Of course 80 would be better so keep up the circulation. If your power were to go out you may have a problem as warm water does not hols as much oxygen.

Ok, I went out and got a $10 fan to put above the tank. Even thought the fish look good, it seems the few corals i have been looking pretty sad. one of the guys that the LFS told me that corals don't grow as fast in that hot of temp.

Anyways, I've been stuggling the keep the temp under 86 with ice. I put that fan in the tank and it's been 75 all day! that is a 10 degree difference! I didn't think it would be that much.

I've been "tweeking" this tank for about 5? months now. And it's fun because it's like I'm always trying to make it a better system. So I'd say I've got about 38 years to catch up to you...