Tank turned 49 this year

Paul B

To update these guys, all 5 of them are doing real well. Now they swim in the front but not always. I saw all five of them just now so I know they are still OK

Gobieggs005.jpg

redsea reefer

To update these guys, all 5 of them are doing real well. Now they swim in the front but not always. I saw all five of them just now so I know they are still OK

Gobieggs005.jpg

My friend has some of these in his fresh water tank, i didn't know you could have them in saltwater.

Paul B

i didn't know you could have them in saltwater.

I didn't either until I tried them. Most brackish fish could live in full saltwater the question is how long. It would seem that being they are in there about two months and are eating and acting normally, they should be able to survive indefinately. We will see

Paul B

I took some pictures with the new 14m,000k lamps as opposed to my 5 year old 10,000K lamps.
I especially like how you can see all the scratches on that old glass :banghead:

Wholetank14000K017.jpg

Wholetank14000K028.jpg

Wholetank14000K023.jpg

Paul B

Teri, Thanks. the 5 year old 10,000K were all washed out and made the tank look like it was covered in cyano,
I still don't know how to get the greens to look green. I will figure it out.
If you look close in the center picture there are gobies all over the place. I think there are 15 or 20 of them in there somewhere.

ReefLady

Staff member
If you look close in the center picture there are gobies all over the place. I think there are 15 or 20 of them in there somewhere.

Omg, are you going to make these 40-something eyes do the "Where's Waldo" search? LOL I've been staring at the same spreadsheet for the last 4 hours (work)...everything is blurry.....

Paul B

No, don't look for them, just make believe you see them, then go lay down with a nice glass of merlot

yungreefer2410

wow the tank looks a lot better with those lights. to be honest with the old lights i did think there was cyano everywhere lol. do you have a court jester gobie? if so he is passive or what? i am thinking on one for my 55g and want him to be peaceful

Paul B

Youngreefer I don't even know what a court jester gobi is. :jester: There are a lot of gobies in there but I don't look up the names anymore. I would only forget :doh:

There is really almost no cyano in there except for maybe under the gravel at the front glass. The rest of that reddish looking stuff is very short reddish algae that I think is from the Long island Sound where everything is covered in it. The rainsfords love it and it doesen't get longer than about an eight of an inch. The rocks are very old and the glass is very scratched.
I don't have an old tank to compare it to so I can't say what it is supposed to look like, but thanks for your compliment.
Paul

You can see some of that reddish looking stuff here with the old lighting it all looks like cyano. In person it is not as red as the picture shows and those 10,000K lights were 5 years old.
Redalgae001.jpg

Paul B

BTW, a court jester and a rainsford gobie are one in the same.

OK then I have two of them, different types. I never heard of then with that name. They are very peaceful except with each other. They eat a little regular food and baby brine but they really like to graise on that red algae.
They eat the stuff all day

BumblebeeGobi040.jpg

BumblebeeGobi026.jpg

Paul B

Lynn, yes he looks just like me.
Here are some of his friends.
This guy is spawning and I just disturbed him

Gobieggs011-1.jpg

These guys are also trying to spawn, but she is playing hard to get.
Gobieggs010-1.jpg

When it comes to cute, these guys are the best. I got five of them.
Sassy though
Gobieggs007.jpg

I just felt like throwing this in here
Gobieggs003-1.jpg