Tank cover

What do you guys/gals use for a tank cover?

We are going to purchase some new lights and trying to decide how to keep fish from jumping. Right now we have the plain jane tank covers with regular florscent lights.

Any good sites to purchase from?

Thanks for the help.

NaH2O

Contributing Member
If you are looking to prevent the fish from jumping out, you can purchase egg-crate from Home Depot, etc. you can also DIY your own canopy relatively cheap.

Gina

RS STAFF
The front half of the tank has the original glass piece on it while, the other half is egg crate. You can buy the egg crate at any of your local home improvement stores like Home Depot.

SaltyQueen

I have an all-glass aquarium hinged cover on mine- like this:
(The front flips open for feeding, etc, and the back strip is plastic, so you can cut holes in it for any tubing or equipment that may stick out).

Scooterman

This crate works for me but still not fool proof as I had a determined Yellow Hog jump through it. I cut the crate to fit the top completely, then remove for necessary equipment, then I sat over a trash can while watching TV and with a good pair of cutting pliers made this pattern, which allows more light through. Home Depot had it in the lighting department, as it is fluorescent lighting covers your using.