tangs eye bubbled

Debby

ok guys was feeding this am and noticed a clear bubble on yellow tangs eye checked water prem.
nitrates-0
nitrites=0
ph-8.2
cal-490
amonia-0
here are some pics
Debbsfish714.jpg

Debbsfish729.jpg

Debbsfish726.jpg

Debbsfish715.jpg

chrome91

sounds like he bumped his eye on a object. keep your water clean, and if it gets worse, you can quarantine and use meds. if it doesnt get worse, it will likely heal itself

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Debby, it does look like he may have scratched his cornea, but it may lead to pop-eye. Lee should chime in on this and give you some better advice as to how to treat this. Good luck!

chrome91

yep, it could lead to popeye. good thing though is its most likely not your water, if it was your water it would be in both eyes

i had a damsel with the same thing, when i added him to the tank he freaked out and nailed his eye. his eye bubbled out so bad i thought it would dislodge, and after a week i decided the next day i would try to net him (1" damsel in a 125g, yeah right)

next day, eye completely healed.

Debby

eye does look better tonite.Mayby get lucky and be gone in a couple of days have spent couple of hours lookin at all rock work to make sure there is nothing poking out real bad.That was inpossible he goes in a lot of openings lol.Again thankyou for your advise..............

leebca

I would monitor the fish closely. I believe it should improve slowly if it was an injury. I think injury is the most likely cause of what I see.

Be prepared to treat in a QT with an antibiotic in case infection sets in.