T4 bulb - 12 watt 6400K

AJinNY

One of my aquariums is very smalla dn I have this T4, 12 watt 6400K lightbulb - I guess about 18 inches in length.

The thing is, the light is very white....for this exact size is there something else I could get with more "blue"/actinic lighting...you know, a combo of the white and actinic.

Or because of the small size, Im just very limited?

Thanks!!

AJinNY

That is a very odd and hard to find bulb. Also very yellow :(. Go with a T5 fixture.

Hi Paul,

This particular tank Im referring to is one of those wall aquariums that hangs on a wall. So I had no choice of light bulb....its the bulb that came with the tank....Im just wondering if theres another with better light, same size, that would fit in the fixture?

Or maybe Im just stuck.....

PEMfish

Well, you really won't find anything like that for aquariums. And even if you did, you'd want to go better than what you have, say 8000k. Can you please post a photo of the light and its surroundings.
True, you probably won't find a fixture that will work for you, but one can be made.

PEMfish

Why T12, they are being phased out. And T5 would have benefits over them all, why exclude it? :)

AJinNY

here are some pics:

overall tank
the light fixture light on
and one with light off.

Hope theres a solution.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• full tank.JPG
    full tank.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 9
  • light off.JPG