Sump Thickness Question

I had to tear down my tank due to a relocation sometime back and am getting ready to start over again. I have 75G Tank and a 26x14x16 sump.
(1/4" acrylic)

The sump is bowed and I plan to replace it. I have a custom stand that poses a challenge due to it being a few inches lower than normal. I run an AquaC EV-180 in the sump, and removing it for a periodic thorough cleaning is rather difficult because there is very little clearance to get it out of the sump/cabinet. My point is that the sump is going to take an occassional bang during the process. I'd like to use the same or similar sized sump in order to add as much water to the system as possible. A sump this size has to be installed through the rear of the cabinet, so once it's in, it's not coming out. Should I go with 3/8", or 1/2" acrylic to significantly increase the strength?

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to include all the pertinet information.

TIA,

Craig

Melev

Craig, based on those dimensions, 1/4" acrylic is fine unless you won't add a top flange to the sump. If you opt to just have upright walls with no top reinforcement, then 3/8" would be just fine.