Strange Breakfast for My Welso

DanSReef

As I usually do, I looked into my dark tank this morning to watch all of the critters that roam about when the lights are out. This morning I was surprised to see what my Welso was doing. It usually looks like this in the morning:

6798257353_ef6fcc830f_b.jpg

Well, today something was clearly different. On closer examination.... it appears that a snail had fallen into the Welso and had become an overnight snack. If you look closely you can see the snail inverted partially covered. All I can think is that the snail dropped off the tank side and happened to fall on the Welso....which in turn ate the snail.

6811629327_e048e31eb7_b.jpg

6811628599_12e9cc9d08_b.jpg

A couple of hours later... I was peering in to see how things were coming along and noticed the only two hermit crabs i have in the tank pushing a shiny snail shell back underneath the rocks... sorry I did not get a picture of that.... the darn crabs were to fast. I am sure they we looking finish off what was left behind.

My Welso now appears to be no worse for wear....though I am sure it is thinking...if they think... " Damn glad that thing passed"....

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Hahaha great shots! sometime my litte ceriths get stuck in some of my corals but they usually spit them out within a few minutes but they do pull them in as if they were food!