Stomatella snail with white stringy things

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
It sure looks like a Stomatella Snail but not sure what the growths could be on its shell. Reminds me of the looks of my Abalone except the white frilly parts on the Abalone are attached to it's flesh (not attached on the shell part). I would watch for it in the future & see what becomes of the "white stringy things".
I just love Stomatella Snails :heart: Interesting find :thumber2:

frisbee

They might be small feather dusters, hydroids, or perhaps Spionid worms. Just keep a close eye and if you notice anything out of the ordinary post it here.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Stomatella's seem to stay in hiding most of the time, but If you see it again & can touch it with some long tweezers....It would be interesting to see if they come off or retract when touched.
I agree with Frisbee....need an up date or a clearer picture if you come up with one. :)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Would be really cool if it was a baby Abalone too....
Here's mine hiding up in the top corner of my tank:
image.jpeg

Manimore

that would be so cool DianaKay, i watched it go all the way up to the top of the overflow yesterday and spew a white cloudy substance for about 2-3 minutes. So i doubt a baby would do that :).
hydroids is possible as i have small hydroids all over my glass for the last 4 weeks. The fact that we have the tank fallow is encouraging all sorts of blooms, hydroids, pods beyond believe, snail eggs all over the glass (which i am still unsure if i should remove or they will hatch? nerite snails that is).