Starting all over

ck508

Hello Again I took your guys advise to slow down and start over. I handed my fish back to the store for credit and bought my self 2 Ocellaris Clowns. I have them in my hospital tank right now and saturday I am going to put them in most likely. Then the next week I will bring in water to get tested if every thing is stable and in 2-3 weeks I will get another fish. What should I get?

20 pounds of LR
30 pounds of LS
2 Ocellaris Clown

Opinions...

oakleyx

Hello Again I took your guys advise to slow down and start over. I handed my fish back to the store for credit and bought my self 2 Ocellaris Clowns. I have them in my hospital tank right now and saturday I am going to put them in most likely. Then the next week I will bring in water to get tested if every thing is stable and in 2-3 weeks I will get another fish. What should I get?

20 pounds of LR
30 pounds of LS
2 Ocellaris Clown

Opinions...

Can you give me some background on whats going on?

Why do you take your water to get tested? Can you a test kit?

How big is your tank?

Have you seen Lee's post on how to quarantine new fish in the Fish disease and treatmeant section:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/fish-diseases-treatments/23584-fish-quarantine-process-step-step.html

DaveK

Not trying to be flip, but I would get my own test kits. Don't depend on the LFS.

As for additional fish, there are a lot you could add. Here are a few I especially like.

Royal Grama - Just about the perfect reef fish, great color, easy to keep.

Spotted or pixie hawk - Lots of personality, also easy to keep, seems to take an interest in everything around. Even though they are not highly colored, for some reason non reef people seem to notice them first.

Most of the gobies and blennies, but check up on the individual species. Just about perfect reef fish.

There are plenty of other fish that will do just fine.

ck508

I know I only need them to test certain things. Because I have a Ammonia, Nitrate, High Range Ph, Test kits. And I will hopefully soon get a Nitrite Test Kit.

definetly get a circus goby...also known as gecko goby they are super cool and there personality is great. they love to hang upside down on rock. very cool fish