Started a Hyposalinity treatment!

Meeki

Just started a Hiposalinity treatment and let me tell you it is not easy. The Ph goes down, ammonia goes up, etc. Read everything what Leebce said, that's what I actually doing, all the advices he gave. A main tank it's free now, just corals, cleaner shrimps, Anemonie, slug and a cucumber is inside. Feeding them every day. Now the trouble is that in a 100 L hospital tank I got 8 fishes! I know it's too much, but at this time I could not do much. They seems to getting better, the Foxface lost nearly all the white spots, the dwarf pearl Angel is getting better too, was looking real bad, the male tomato is still with lots of spots, but the female keep chasing him, hopefully in a big chase he would survive. I only know that none of the fishes will go in a tank at least 10 weeks time, because seeing them covered in a ich, and sick, gave me a headache. If I can save them, I will do mine best, I dont want to loose them. The family is: Foxface, Yellow Tang, Regal Tang, pair of Tomato clowns, Sleeping Goby, Cleaner Vrase, dwarf Pearl Angel, dwarf Coral Beauty Angel and a Moorish Idol.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Meeki, glad to hear you stepped up to the plate but... you really need more qt space, a couple of those fish are going to stress out and you may lose them, rubbermaid tubs are cheap

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
sasquatch said:
Meeki, glad to hear you stepped up to the plate but... you really need more qt space, a couple of those fish are going to stress out and you may lose them, rubbermaid tubs are cheap

+1^ I also agree with everything u said. Wow, that's a first!

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

dmatt88

We gotta quit meeting like this then. (D)

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

leebca

The excess bioload will be the culprit for the ammonia and pH difficulty. You might be following the guidelines up to a point, but you're not following the recommended tank size to fish size part of the guidelines. It is still manageable, but you will, as you have found out, be very busy trying to control these parameters. Increase your biological filtration (use several sponge filters would be the best thing to do for the long run). For the short term, use a chemical filter to control ammonia better.

Good luck!

Meeki

Yeah its been very busy, day and night we are adjusting Ph and ammonia, every day water change...etc. But a fishes seems very good, all the spots gone, a salt level is 1.008. Its been 3 days with this salt level. Its crowded, and thinking to set up a really old tank from a friend of mine, just with a filter, maybe not lights, it is 250 l. That would give them more opportunity to swim around.
Thank you guys

Meeki

Just setting it up, it's 200 l, will make a huge difference I hope with controlling a ammonia and a ph. The fishes looking great, no spots after a 6th day, so happy for them. We got now like 5 tanks in the house, LOL, the Yasha Aqua Medic nothing in it yet just some of mushroom corals and rocks, the 20 L fresh water with 2 gold fishes, the 170l main tank, with 30 kg live rocks, 2 cleaner shrimps, black and yellow slug, pink sea cucumber, and 8 corals. Keeping it free from any other live stock at least 12 weeks, so when a fishes ready to go in, hope will be no ich. And the current hospital tank which is 100 L, but with 8 fishes inside is a real pain, so now am setting up another 200 L, so I can transfere them, and they can have more swimming space and more happier. We are very confident. Made a mistake in a first place and didn't quarantine all the fishes, but now enough is enough. And in a main tank a copepods are all over, should get one Mandarin, but quarantined before.
Should open a little Marine Zoo:jester:

dmatt88

Welcome to the 5 tank club(ps thread needed) it's fun than all of a sudden 3 tanks have issues at the same time. Then woohoo becomes man how m I gunna get all this fixed maybe I should shut one down. Wha la 4 tank club.

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

Meeki

Thank you Matt, now my wife wants a big one like around 600L so she can have more fishes, am telling you it's crazy at home, fish tanks everywhere. Cant wait for Christmas when a whole family will be over and tell us how crazy we are!:dryer:

Meeki

This is a 3 week now, and all the fishes looking good. I hope on a end of the 4th week I can start increasing the salinity, keep them there for another 4 weeks and if all looks good, should be transferred to the main tank. As I said, after a New Year, am setting up a 600+ L tank, so I started to hypo in a 100 L tank, all the juveniles Tangs ( my favorite) : Clown Tang, Orangshoulder Tang, Cole Tang and a Salfin Tang, so when a big one is ready I can add them in. I also love a Majestic Angel, Regal Angel, and a Blue face Angel and all the Wrasses. That would be my selection for a 600+ L tank.
But Whithout Lee advices, I would be devastated and would make such a huge mistakes. Thank you Lee again.

Meeki

Now this week should be the fourth in hypo salinity, everything seems ok, but my dwarf pearl Angel has a white bump on her side, looks white and round, and just one, but she is swimming happily and eating, so I really don't know what is that now! Anyone knows the answer, just one white bump...

leebca

Sometimes, the main disease or parasite gives other bacteria and microorganisms a chance to 'get in' and infect. This is more than likely one of those cases. The bump, perhaps similar in some ways to a human pimple, is the result of a bacterial attack. If the fish is being fed properly/properly nourished then it should fight off the infection on its own. This assumes the water quality is good.

If it looks like it's getting worse, dose the entire QT with a double dose of Maracyn Two for saltwater fishes. This antibiiotic should help the fish over the infection. You might want to go ahead and obtain this and have it on hand. Generally, if it gets worse the fish needs a much improved diet (along with the antibiotic treatment).

Meeki

Lee, you were right. How the "pimple" come thats how it went away, I was start to worry what's a problem now. Here in Australia you can not by Formalin, because it cause cancer to the people, and no antibiotic is available, not that I know one. But thank you for your advice.