starboard prices?

mps9506

Anyone know an economical place to purchase starboard or cutting board material? I'm looking at needing to purchase a 54"x30" peice (Of which about a 1/3 will be cut off and not even used).
Cheapest I've found is around $160 before shipping :(
Hate spending that much when I won't be using all of it (cutting most of it out to fit in a half circle reef tank).
Thanks
Mike

wooddood

the wood dude
i have some scraps from the old 55 but it was put in 2 peices and was a 55gal hex tank. if you can use it let me know.

dave.:smoking:

gmcrow

I have done many a BB tank and have never used starboard or anything else,and in 30+ yrs have never had a bottom give out, we have always just painted the exterior bottom of the tank, imho the starboard will just collect detrius in the areas where it does not fit tight, just my 2 cents worth

mps9506

Thanks for the link tommy, that should do the job.

MBL,
unfortunately the stuff at target doesn't come big enough :)

Thanks for the offer Dave, I think I'll buy a big peice and cut to fit from USplastic.

GM,
You are right about the detrius, that is why I recoemnd putting a 2 inch gap between the starboard and side glass peices. The main reson I want to use the starboard is simply to protect the glass in case large peice of rock fall. My 40breeder doesn't have any plastic in the bottom simply because the rock in there isn't very large, and I'm not worried about it to much. But I'm planning on having some fairly large peices of rock in the 154. Better safe than sorry :)
Oceanic tanks aren't cheap.

Witfull

you can also cut it to fit as close as possible and silicone the gaps. dirts not going to get in.