spots on bta

kinghokus420

My green BTA has recently developed brown spots all over it.it looks like it is changing color. but only in little round spots. some of the tentacles have shriveled but othewise it still does its daily routine without fail. it lives on the underside of a rock so it must turn 180* to get light.
amm-0
trate-0
trite-0
alk-low
ph 8.4
250w mh

thanks
-josh

BoomerD

Now come on Josh, you KNOW what I'm gonna say...

aew.jpg

kinghokus420

yeah i had a feeling i was going to get one of those. the lights were out when i posted that. i'll get one tonight

vdituri

I am not an expert by any means. My guess is:The beginning of the zoo algae returning slowly to the anemone. It looks very pale right now and will probably become darker in the following weeks. I hope I'm in the right neighborhood.

Either that or the onset of puberty.

illcssd

Vdituri is right, that is the return of zoo algae returning to the tentacles. It is a good sign.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Josh how long have you had this Anemone ? Do you have a photo of what it looked like before the spots ? Was the Anemone darker in color or lighter before you noticed the spots ? Did you notice the Anemone expelling brown/stringy substance recently ?

kinghokus420

i've had it for about 5 months or so. it was much whiter and smaller when i first got it. the spots have only been there a couple of weeks at most. i dont have any pics on this computer but i will look on the wifes when she is done with her homework. the nem has never expelled anything and readily accepts chunks of silversides. for some reason it decided to go on a walk tonight. its in a hole right now a few inches from where its been since it was put in.