Sound off( Bridgelux LED ) any good for reef dyi reef projects ?

hi guys was checking out a website that BLADEYAMAHA turned me on 2 ,great prices on dyi dim kits. i can get what i need for around 600 to 800 or so, - heat sink think i would order from usa co. for that 2 save $ on shipping. I like Rapid LED but just can't swing 1900. from them. the site is AquaStyleOnline not sure about the Bridgelux leds are they any good? give me your 2 cents. help a led challenged brother out lol Thanks in advance for your in put!

Tru2nr

I am running them on my Anemone tank...first time experience with LEDs but I will say I don't get near the growth that I do with my halides but I'm not even running 50% currently since I had to move a bunch of softies to the cube

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

hey BLADEYAMAHA question you know leds right? so what do you think i would need for my tank i'm thinking the 120 led and the 72 kit? with 80 blue and 40 white and half 10k and half 65k for the white with 80 degree optics and same with the 72 kit but 60 degree optics what do you think? would you do any uv? and which controllers would you pick. Or what would u do for my tank it's 84" x 24" x 24" and would 3 24" heat sinks be better than 2 35 " heat sinks and what with would you recommend please advise :D

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
so dmatt whats your take on bridgelux leds

Honesty dude I carefully compared cree vs bridgelux. Cree is the industry leader. No doubt. But I decided on bridgelux.

Leds as a lighting source I feel is more impt than the type of led. Leds are limited in the spectrum of light. T5s n mh are not.

So are leds energy efficient? Yes. Are they more affordable over time? Yes. Is it cool to watch a tank gradually get lighter over the day awesome? Yes.

Do I get better growth n color from leds? Nope. Mh gave me the best growth. T5 next. Personally id use mh for growth, supplement with t5 n led for color.

So to answer ur question, yes I like a bridgelux bulb. Would I use leds again? Probably not. Hope this helped.

..........rarely am I speechless

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Badass tank dude. If ur close by or in the area come check em out. Good luck.

..........rarely am I speechless

BLADEYAMAHA

hey BLADEYAMAHA question you know leds right? so what do you think i would need for my tank i'm thinking the 120 led and the 72 kit? with 80 blue and 40 white and half 10k and half 65k for the white with 80 degree optics and same with the 72 kit but 60 degree optics what do you think? would you do any uv? and which controllers would you pick. Or what would u do for my tank it's 84" x 24" x 24" and would 3 24" heat sinks be better than 2 35 " heat sinks and what with would you recommend please advise :D

I honestly run mine without optics, don't know anything about them, I don't have room for them, so if you want optics, you will need the room. So more heat sinks and the most room possible probably will help you in the long run for cooling too. How big is your tank? I don't use UV only Non UV. The 420 Purple. Don't know about running UV on corals or fish is good thing or not.