Something growing

I have this reddish/pink with a little bit of white disc growing about the size of a quarter, it looks like it has tentacles, when i first noticed it, it was all white and not very big and just a few min ago my emerald (old yellow) started to walk across it and he litteraly jumped off of it, so id say he got stung, ive been doing a search on it, i just keep coming up with anemone, i no my light aint bright enough to really grow anything, besides the unwanted stuff, sorry for the long post and TIA.

Glenn

SaltyQueen

sounds like some sort of anemone- do you have a picture? If you're not sure what it is, if you have a sump, put it in there, that way it won't harm any of your other cirtters.

I cant get a good angle on it to take a pic, with a reg cam, if it is a anamone, i dont no how its growing on 40 watts of light. TY SaltyQueen

Witfull

shrooms do like lower light areas. wait till it multiplies, you will have a colony in notime,,,,cool beans!

Dingo

Hello there NanoAmyDee.

Hunterd, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It will either grow or not. On 40 watts of light, I doubt that you have any corals to worry about, so just enjoy it while it's still around.

My bet is it's a bleached out mushroom.

it has grown quit a bit, since the first time i spotted it, hopefully it keeps on growing..:), thanks Witfull and Dingo