Some people have all the luck

Cougra

Well, last night as I was getting ready to mix up a new batch of SW for a water change on the weekend, I started pouring my store baught RO water into the container that I use for mixing salt up. I normally make up about 15Gal and this lasts a couple water changes. I got about 10Gal of RO water into the container (Rubbermaid!) and turned to get the next 5 Gal to pour in. Much to my horror, I suddenly felt my socks get soaking wet! The supposedly indistructable rubbermaid container had split right down the back side!

10 Gallons of precious RO water gone and my carpet is drenched!

I spent at least an hour soaking up as much as possible with all towels in the house and a lot of unlady like language coming out of my mouth! At least I can be thankful I hadn't yet added the salt to the water and now I'll have a cleaner carpet for the holidays right?

On closer inspection of the container, I noticed the plastic where container split (around one of those ridges) wasn't as thick as the rest. I guess there was a manufacture flaw that I didn't notice previously and was lucky :confused: that it hadn't spilt sooner.

mwrager

Originally posted by Witfull
call customer support, i bet they send you a coupon for a free tub.

Yes they should, lucky it was only 10 gal, when I do a water change its around 30 gal.

Mary

Evil Angel
So sorry for that mess that happened to you Shell! Bet it was pretty funny to hear the sound effect's coming out of your mouth though! I'd do what Wit suggested, I bet they take care of you for your trouble's!

Cougra

lol thanks guys, I was thinking of going to the store that sold me that container and have a bit of fun yelling at them. I know the store people can't do anything about it, but it's more fun yelling at someone in person then on the phone! :rolleyes:

Mary: I'll bet you would have loved to hear the string of curses available!

Scott: ...shudder... don't even go there! That's just a scary thought! ...shudder...

Pro_builder

Sorry to hear about the misfortune. I hope that they take care of you, as far as the tub. Better luck next time. (I think I am Murphy's Law :( )

Cougra

Originally posted by Craig Manoukian
If it won't matter in the next five years, why waste the energy worrying, eh? Hope you feel better Michelle!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Your right there Craig. I hear what you are saying but I'm not in a very good mood when it comes to my tank at the moment and these little things are really getting to me.

I'm sorry for complaining to all of you, but it's either vent fustrations here, or vent them on the tank, and I would rather take this route first! I may end up taking a chapter from Mikes book and kicking the tank to see if that helps out any!

Thanks for letting me vent this past week or so!

TDEVIL

Originally posted by Cougra
I'm sorry for complaining to all of you, but it's either vent fustrations here, or vent them on the tank, and I would rather take this route first!

no need to be sorry, your accident might just save someone a lot of time and money
Thanks for letting me vent this past week or so!

any time;)

and i too, am sorry for what happened and your frustrations
hang in there it will get better

TD

gumhead

I filled a 5-gallon bucket up once and found out it was an old bucket that I had drilled a hole in it for a spigot... The spigot wasn't in it :( I was filling it and it was coming right out on the floor LOL :)

Don't sweat it Cougra, happens to all of us...

BoomerD

Yep, just "cuss like a drunken sailor" as my grandma used to say. :explode: It won't help dry the carpet a bit, but it WILL make you feel better!
Stress Relief.:laughroll :laughroll :laughroll