Some new pics after power outage.

MojosReef

I havent posted any pics anywhere of the tank since the last power outage the summer of 2003. Some of you may no the a about the whole ordeal. I had 2 outage about 2 month apart. The fist I lost all fish but put a stain on some of the corals. I only lost a toadstool in the first outage. The second I lost all fish again and lost all acros some leaters, 1 anemone, and really set back the whole tank. I threatend to quit but after receiving encouragment from other reefers on the boards and even had a few gracious reefers send me some now coral frags. Enought of the rambling here are some pics taken 2-19-04: I hope you enjoy.
Full1_2.19.04.JPG

End View
End1_2.19.04.JPG

This is a frag from the Large acro that I lost. I have given it to a friend and they felt bad gave it back since I lost mine.
Acro2a_2-19-04.JPG

The following are some frags given by other reefers. They all were small frags when I got them but some of them have really grown.
Acro4_2.19.04.JPG

Acro3a_2.19.04.JPG

Some survivors.
Cup1_2.19.04.JPG

Monti1b_2.19.04.JPG

MontiDigi1_2.19.04.JPG

TDEVIL

i knwo some what how you felt, good for you for hanging in there, you would have been missed ;)

i remember the problems you had, and the frustrations, just shows that you can come back from a minor defete, and come back you did, it is looking great ;)

i see the zoanthids made it :D

TD

TDEVIL

i could always use some zoo's

that was the first thing i noticed in the first pic, because i remember the problem you had with them also, when they start, they really start, after i seen your thread about that i moved mine to a easier fragging spot, so i thank you for that ;)

TD

mick77

Looks great Mojo! If somebody didn't know about your fiasco, they could never tell anything ever happened. Great recovery!

mgregory

That's one of my worst fears....to come home from work and have the tank still with no power!! It’s good to hear success stories from this nightmare!

Thanks for staying with it....it's been nice to learn from your postings and to enjoy your pics.

Great job on the recovery!!!

Mark

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Jeff you did an outstanding job coming back from what happened. Shows the love you still have for this hobby. I am going through a time with my tank and trying to get it back to being healthy as well. This gives me inspiration!:)

addict

Looks like my next investment is going to be a portable generator...
Tank's lookin' good there... that zoa colony is awesome. :clink:

tankgirl

Jeff, the tank looks Awesome!!! I'm so thrilled to see how things have grown. Am so happy for you! Cheers and Karma!

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Man!, I should kill the power on my tank some time!J/K:D

Looks AWESOME!!! I remember reading about the power outages on RAG, you did a great job getting the tank back together!

I'm starting to think I don't want zoos in my tank anymore if they're gonna go crazy like yours! Maybe in a nano that I have been wanting to set up for so long, which btw, I can't do, cause I have a limit of 2 tanks, man it sucks beeing 17:rolleyes:

Brucey

Mojo ... as ever you have bounced back. Great Pics, gotto love that plating Monti .... Very Nice
Brucey

Gina

RS STAFF
Great pictures! Glad you hung in there. I was not a member of RAG so, do not know the story. I'm sure Isabelle was probably one of them? We lost power here for 3 days. Picked up Marks fathers generator. Thank god for that! I am a firm believer now in generators!!

Your tank and corals are beautiful! You did a great job!