The Key West lighthouse:
3lighthouse1035sm-med.jpg

One of many wild roosters that give the place so much character
3Rooster0907sm-med.jpg

A view from the Schooner Western Union
3sailorsview2sm-med.jpg

Another
3ssboat-1305framesm-med.jpg

This is the Western Union, taken from a deep-sea fishing boat (I caught and released a 6-foot nurse shark!!!)
3WU1058sm-med.jpg

3sunsetbuoy1307sm-med.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. More to come.

T

stuart007

Amazing pics, Travis. Do you happen to remember some of the camera settings you used for the amazing sun setting pictures?

Curtswearing

Congrats on the recent nuptuals. It looks beautiful.

Although, I don't think I want a rooster anywhere near my honeymoon suite. :)

awesome i was in that very place last year with my wife it is great. The sunset festival in mallory square is a blast. I have a friend that lives down there and works on a para- sailing boat. Not hard to take. Thanks for reminding me how beautiful it is in key west.

ReefLady

Staff member
Thanks guys! Lucky go for it, might just cost you a good deal on one of your prints. :)

Stuart, I shot all of those with the 10D and 28-135 IS lens, and a circular polarizing filter set at varying strengths. My only regret is that I shot them JPEG, RAW would have yielded many more good pictures. Exposure was tough with the setting sun, I finally wound up metering on different areas of the water and taking several shots- sort of bracketing. I didn't want to miss the opportunity by fooling with exposure compensation when the light level was changing so much. Other stuff: Aperture priority at F/8, ISO 100, matrix metering mode.

T

Gina

RS STAFF
Beautiful shots Trav! I hope someday to go there. Have heard alot about the Keys. Besides the shark, was the deep sea fishing good? What else were you catching?

ReefLady

Staff member
Duval was a lot of fun, but our favorite bar was a local hangout just off Duval called the Green Parrot.

Fishing was OK, caught several yellowtails and I pulled in a couple keeper grey snapper, which put up one heck of a fight. I don't eat fish though, so I don't really care if they're keepers or not- I'm in it for the fight. :)

SZHTTM

Travis, those are some incredible photographs!!!!

By the way, did you get any shoots of you doing the "Duval Crawl"?

Thanks and Have Fun!!!;
:thumber:

ReefLady

Staff member
LOL, no, bringing $2500 worth of camera equipment on the Duval Crawl just sounds like an awfully bad idea, now doesn’t it? :)

reefrunner

Contributing Member
The sunsets are stunning, kinda ticks me off, I live in FL, on the west coast, and I can never find that type of sunset to shoot, I think I hate you :D Hope you had a great time, and if you did...that it's the worst part of your marriage ;)